What's new

The Coffee House

Ok I have just been released from paperwork jail! I had some things that I have been putting off because they are no fun and today I grounded myself until it was all done. Other than the few minutes I spent posting some photos on here while I was eating a snack, I spent the ENTIRE morning going through all of the medical bills/receipts/invoices from my recent lab tests, ultrasound and surgery and Princess's concussion dr visits. Matching them up with the forms from the insurance company and paying the ones that needed to be paid. Then I did my taxes. And finished it off with paying utility, water and cell phone bills. Adulting stinks!
It pays to match up the bills with the EOB from the insurance company. We overpaid a few times and another time the ins. said we did not owe one of bills. I called that doc/lab and they adjusted.
 
It pays to match up the bills with the EOB from the insurance company. We overpaid a few times and another time the ins. said we did not owe one of bills. I called that doc/lab and they adjusted.

Yep it pays to check, the whole medical billing process is an error waiting to happen......most likely in thier favor. 😏 it also pays to check on high priced generic vs brand name drugs. My big box pharmacy switched me to a generic version on one my asthma inhalers without my asking. My copay was almost twice what I paid for the brand name. Seems the insurance companies formulary had the generic version in a higher tier, which caused a higher copay.
 
Yay! The tractor/mower is at the dealer. I pick up a trailer tomorrow morning, then the tractor. I'll run it to the other house at lunch, and break it in Saturday morning.
 
Funny thing? I checked the IP of a few of them just out of curiosity. The content is coming from all over the place. Some of them are in China or places with Chinese populations (Hong Kong, Singapore) but others are in France, Russia, Kenya, and even in Canada, the US, and the UK. Probably using a VPN and bouncing the signal around, which can make it harder for the system to match IPs and block new accounts. Can't just blame this on lockdowns.
Classic sign of a bot net, hard to shut down.
 
Yay! The tractor/mower is at the dealer. I pick up a trailer tomorrow morning, then the tractor. I'll run it to the other house at lunch, and break it in Saturday morning.
So what do you have? Best purchase ever was a Kubota L3240 4x4 with a front end loader. I've worked it just about every week, so far I have just under 900 hrs on it, with no problems. Thinking this might be the year to trade though as I'd like to have just a bit more horsepower.
 
Deere X350/42"
 
So it looks as if there's a new category emerging on TPF.....Chinese Spam. 😁 I just don't get what they "think" they're accomplishing.
 
So it looks as if there's a new category emerging on TPF.....Chinese Spam. 😁 I just don't get what they "think" they're accomplishing.
I suppose if they get one person to click on any of their links I suspect is embedded ( I haven't actually clicked on their posts, so in fairness, I don't know ) they have got one sucker!?!
 
They are selling fake college degrees and industry certifications. At least the one I checked was.
 
They are selling fake college degrees and industry certifications. At least the one I checked was.

You know you shouldn't click on an unknown link, but the devil on your shoulder, said DO IT. Been there.....sadly done that. :chuncky:
 
Didn’t need to click the links this time, ran it through google translate.

When I do need to click a link like that I use an old throwaway android tablet. If it gets infected, just wipe, format and reinstall the last image. I keep a few tablets laying around just for these kinds of things, my day job is keeping all the companies devices up and running. Some of the really “smart“ people who work here keep me busy with it. :happyblush:
 
@Rickbb Most of the time I'm very cautious about links, and I have corporate level security but that desn't mean I don't have the overwhelming urge to click on them sometimes. Curiosiy is a strong motivator. LOL In addition to security, I have a son who is the head of IT for a large federal court. Believe me there is nothing worse than listening to your son scold you for clicking on something you shouldn't have clicked on. :concern:
 
Well, hosers, I have a 10x14 shed sort-of picked out. With only 140 square feet, I don't need to pull a permit or submit plans for review. We'll probably get the buried but never used electrical cable installed and activated but that will be covered by the Electrical Permit for the house renovation. The house has 2-wire AC outlets and I hate those adapters.
 
I think I'd have to get a permit for that.

I guess I'll get serious with clearing out the existing two. The smaller one is in better shape and will hose the tractor for now. The larger one is rotting away and needs to be emptied and demolished as soon as possible. I think we'll order whatever we get in the next couple of weeks.

I may be getting the 24-70 next week; going new this time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom