What's new

The Coffee House

@vintagesnaps hope you're on the mend quickly. Isn't getting older fun? I've learned that isn't gold in your "golden years"......it's rust!
 
@vintagesnaps hope you're on the mend quickly. Isn't getting older fun? I've learned that isn't gold in your "golden years"......it's rust!
My dad was fond of saying to us, "there is no such thing as the golden years, they are tin".
 
Sounds like you've had a lot going on Charlie.

I ended up in phys. rehab, long story, but probs with Medicare and glad to have supplemental insurance thru our state teachers retirement, but still, on hold... would be glad to get home but can't manage by myself quite yet so that's a worry. Think going home too soon I'll be right back here.

At least some hockey, NCAA final is on ESPN tonight.
Sharon you’re smart to give yourself time to heal and be ready. Get well soon!
 
Morning all, frosty start here today, not sure what I'm up to today yet.
 
Good morning, peeps.

The Home Show was OK. We were hoping for more displays, but there were a couple with features we liked. We did agree to have a few come out and give us quotes. At least it's a start.

Ada called and had to cancel on dinner. as she wasn't feeling well, so we went to The Barn Show, an upscale antique store/flea market (family friends own it). I picked up an inkwell (silver plate) and MLW found a nice crystal or glass vase. We also bought a pie safe cabinet that they will hold for a couple weeks while we get the new dining room area cleared (it's replacing a worn-out book case). We'll do the celebration dinner next weekend.

We swung by the house and popped open the shed for MLW as she hasn't looked inside yet. We pulled out two Styrofoam shipping boxes (mom & dad had ordered steaks from somewhere) and five other coolers, which are destined for the dumpster. We'll finish clearing out the half of the shed by the door, today, so the tractor can go in there. The larger shed will wait, though I'll pull out the old mower and see if I can get the engine un-seized. I can always use it for trim and edging. I think there's a radial arm saw in there, as well (Yay! Tools!)
 
Ok I have just been released from paperwork jail! I had some things that I have been putting off because they are no fun and today I grounded myself until it was all done. Other than the few minutes I spent posting some photos on here while I was eating a snack, I spent the ENTIRE morning going through all of the medical bills/receipts/invoices from my recent lab tests, ultrasound and surgery and Princess's concussion dr visits. Matching them up with the forms from the insurance company and paying the ones that needed to be paid. Then I did my taxes. And finished it off with paying utility, water and cell phone bills. Adulting stinks!
 
Morning all very overcast here but mild, busy day for me today as have a few tests that have to be done.
 
YIKES! The Chinese spammers have struck again. Not a good day to be a moderator.
 
YIKES! The Chinese spammers have struck again. Not a good day to be a moderator.
The spam clean up process is pretty easy. The system will search out all of the posts by that person and by anyone sharing that IP address and can send them all to the spam trashcan with a couple of clicks. Thanks for reporting the spam.
 
The spam clean up process is pretty easy. The system will search out all of the posts by that person and by anyone sharing that IP address and can send them all to the spam trashcan with a couple of clicks. Thanks for reporting the spam.

They seem to just keep coming the last few days. Is there a full moon there?? LOL
 
Covid lock down in China is literally a lock down. I guess all the teenagers out of school are getting quite bored.
 
It seems they happen in cycles; we seem to be in a heavy cycle, now.
 
Recently I’ve been watching episodes on YouTube of a show call Man with a Camera, starring Charles Bronson. It aired from ‘58 to ‘60 and was similar in format to Sea Hunt (I realize this won’t mean much to the younger members). Mike Kovac (Bronson) is a former war photographer turned freelance photographer in New York. He uses his camera to help police solve crimes and takes other dangerous photo assignments. It’s fun to watch for the equipment he uses and for some of the applications of photography. Recommended to anyone who has about twenty minutes to spare.
 
Covid lock down in China is literally a lock down. I guess all the teenagers out of school are getting quite bored.

Funny thing? I checked the IP of a few of them just out of curiosity. The content is coming from all over the place. Some of them are in China or places with Chinese populations (Hong Kong, Singapore) but others are in France, Russia, Kenya, and even in Canada, the US, and the UK. Probably using a VPN and bouncing the signal around, which can make it harder for the system to match IPs and block new accounts. Can't just blame this on lockdowns.
 
Or else it's being generated by malware on other machines, though I suspect we'd be seeing a lot more if that were the case.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom