The Coffee House

Good morning, hosers.

Winter Solstice / Saturnalia: We're just bracing for the storm. We're supposed to get rain, but below-freezing temps will cause ice.

The kitchen appliances are supposed to arrive today; we'll stage in the dining room until the remodelers are ready to install them next week. The pantry closet is almost gone. I've been trying to get other things done so this little project has been "as I have time." I absolutely love my cordless reciprocating saw.

IMG_0250.JPG

Went to the beach for sunrise shoot with a friend. Beautiful sky to bring in winter.

Coastal Christmas by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Hey, is that Ogunquit?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your other thread. I knew I recognized that boat! 🤣 It's impossible not to take a picture of it! I love that they put the tree in the boat and the lights on the footbridge! Great shot.

Last edited:
Hey, is that Ogunquit?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your other thread. I knew I recognized that boat! 🤣 It's impossible not to take a picture of it! I love that they put the tree in the boat and the lights on the footbridge! Great shot.
Funny story… the lights on the tree in the boat are solar powered, and the lights usually die a few hours before sunrise. Which we didn’t know when we went, and when we got there and the lights on the tree weren’t on, we were a bit disappointed. Then I remembered that I had a small string of battery powered lights in a bag in my car, so we lit the tree ourselves!

I love what they did with the footbridge lights. I hope they leave them on all year but the arches are red and green so I expect they’ll come down soon.

absolutely love my cordless reciprocating saw.
I use a corded version. Me and batteries just don't seem to get along. They always need recharging. I also find a circular saw with a carbide tooth demolition blade cuts faster and cleaner.

I've been wanting to put my toesies in the water here, but you all take such amazing pictures that I'm afraid mine will not live up in any way, shape, or form.
In my email today, I saw that there is this "Coffee House" forum! Hurray!
I know there is no competition or stress here, so here goes...
These are a couple of my favorite shots from our Spearfish, SD drive this fall.

Attachments

• IMG_7621_5x7.jpg
    IMG_7621_5x7.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7637.jpg
    IMG_7637.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 9
And, here are some from our visit to Bear Country in SD.
I wanted to go there specifically to see the wolves. They didn't fail! The sad thing, though, is that all photos had to be taken through the vehicle windows. IMG_7340_3x3.jpgIMG_7341_3x3.jpgIMG_7342_3x3.jpg

Hi all, wishing you all the best. That’s me done for now, what I have not got in .....well I go without.
rain and more rain ... when the the solar/battery powered inverter runs out of powers my Christmas lights will go out.
hoping it will last until 25th at least. But hay it lights up the area here (only 5 houses)
chat later

been wanting to put my toesies in the water here, but you all take such amazing pictures that I'm afraid mine will not live up in any way, shape, or form.
In my email today, I saw that there is this "Coffee House" forum! Hurray!
I know there is no competition or stress here, so here goes...

First of all welcome. There are members of all skill levels here. Over the years I've been blessed with knowledge and improvements but more important I've witnessed the growth and improvements of others here. We were all beginners once.

While we all post the occasional shot on the Coffee House, it's more of a casual chat thread. Posting in one of the other defined threads will get more critique and help. If you don't want critique look at th "Just for fun" thread.

Again welcome!

Last edited:
Hi all, wishing you all the best. That’s me done for now, what I have not got in .....well I go without.
rain and more rain ... when the the solar/battery powered inverter runs out of powers my Christmas lights will go out.
hoping it will last until 25th at least. But hay it lights up the area here (only 5 houses)
chat later
Merry Christmas! I didn’t put up any of the usual outdoor lights this year, just a big red bow on the lamppost and a wreath on the door. Electricity costs are nuts right now and my solar lights from last year got run over by the snow blower 😊

Stay warm all. They're calling for 5-7 as the low here. Possibility of snow flurries but no accumulations. We aren't equipped for this.

Wind chill here is supposed to be zero tomorrow afternoon. That just does not happen here, (central NC).

Ready for 48hrs+ of crap weather here in S. Ontario. Food, booze, goodies for Xmas stockpiled. Snow clearing this year grounds for impromptu Christmas cocktail parties+snacks in driveways I'm told today. Love my 'hood!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back