What's new

The Coffee House

It's been raining all day, currently 54*F and we have a gale warning. It turns cold tonight/tomorrow.
 
It's been raining all day, currently 54*F and we have a gale warning. It turns cold tonight/tomorrow.
Same here. Looks like a lot of us are being impacted by this mess of a storm system.

Stay safe and warm this Christmas weekend, hosers! :icon_santa: After some last minute running around, we're finally ready to hunker down and aren't planning to leave the house for the next several days. 🌨️
 
The only thing that I have to go outside for in the next three days is this, and wild horses couldn't keep me from doing it, I am going to go get my beloved wife out of the hospital in the morning and bring her home where she belongs!!! :encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:
 
Lend you the saddle for the wild horse to get misses
really though..
wish you both all the best please to hear that she is coming home
mum wishes you a healthy and blessed new year
 
I was greeted with a balmy 6 degrees and snow on the ground when I took Pheobe out this morning. Needless to say neither of us were impressed! The good news is that the predicted long lasting cold snap is already easing up. By this afternoon we have a gradual warming trend in play.

The good thing about the cold is it finally forced me to address issues with my CPAP. For the past few months I've had off and on issues with the humidifier. Sometimes it worked fine sometimes it didn't, and I'd wake up with sinuses dryed out. Managed to get to the Medical Supply yesterday, seems the heater plate wasn't working. Fortunately it was under warranty so they swapped me a new machine. For the first time in months I got a good night's sleep.

it, I am going to go get my beloved wife out of the hospital in the morning and bring her home where she belongs!!

That's great news!!!!!
 
Last edited:
I use a corded version. Me and batteries just don't seem to get along. They always need recharging. I also find a circular saw with a carbide tooth demolition blade cuts faster and cleaner.
I have a corded one, as well. I like the flexibility of cordless, and over the past year, have switched to one brand so the batteries for drill, saws, and even yard power tools are interchangeable.
 
Slight delay in bringing my wife home, they want her to stay another day while they ween her off the steroids. She is not happy but understands why.
Ugh - I'm sure she's impatient to get out of there, but better to be in the best possible place before leaving, to avoid any returns. :)
 
-4 here this morning with windchill of -27. Should get up to a high of 7 today. The pups don't waste time going outside. They are cold even with coats.
I bet they set a new record today! :lol:
 
Checking in while the computer is running one of my mapping scripts.

It only rained on the morning commute and the temp was about 44 F, but it turned over to snow flurries later in the morning. Skies are now mostly clear but the temperature has dropped to 21 F and we are still under a gale (34 to 47 knots or 39 to 54 mph) warning.

We're supposed to go to dinner with a couple friends tonight, but we might reschedule. Heading to SIL's tomorrow for Christmas Eve and Day.

IMG_E0249[1].JPG
 
Last edited:
Gettin' whacked here by nasty wind chill, drifting snow, glassy roads late this afternoon. More to come?
My advice: start drinking heavily...
 
Gettin' whacked here by nasty wind chill, drifting snow, glassy roads late this afternoon. More to come?
My advice: start drinking heavily...
We're having spaghetti and salad for dinner, with a bottle of chianti and a fire in the fireplace. It's silly cold outside! 🥶
 
We're having spaghetti and salad for dinner, with a bottle of chianti and a fire in the fireplace. It's silly cold outside! 🥶
Nice. Enjoy!

Meet-up with the snowblower tomorrow a.m. We the North, as they say...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom