What's new

The Coffee House

Smoke, glad you got power back. Windy here yesterday but sunny and clear as a bell
Thanks, we were lucky compared to some. Several still out, and may be tomorrow before everyone gets restored.
 
Spent the morning excavating us, neighbors and nearby family after the all-nite blizzard with bonus electrical storm! Real end-of-days stuff.
OK so it stretched my carbon foot print a half-size. I love snowblowers!
 
Oh good grief! nothing blooms here yet. Nobody plants til May.

I'm not cooking today, I'm door dashing all the way... jingle bells.
 
I'm still trying to get over never ending bronchitis! I am better...

Couldn't read all of everyone's family and pet's medical whatever, not feeling up to even reading about it! But I'd say chicken soup. I've been in a sandwich and soup mode for awhile now, just the past few days feel like eating more than that. Hope it all goes well for everyone.

Smoke, glad you got power back. Windy here yesterday but sunny and clear as a bell today.
Hope you get better soon, Sharon! I've read that just having to stay indoors with the heat on can keep the lungs irritated, and there's nothing to do about that except ride it out. Eventually your home will moderate and not be so winter-dry. Take care!
 
We had a couple cold days but we're back into a warming trend. Mid-50s and Gale warnings (sustained winds of 39–54 miles/hour).

MLW is working a few hours at the background investigations office trying to help them get caught up on for a class starting that is soon, so I get to play here. Ada wasn't feeling well so she didn't come down last night. So far I've pulled an old cheap bookcase out of the basement, put a load of dishes in the dishwasher, walked around the back yard, and played with the bandsaw and drill press making a practice pen blank. I'll glue in the tubes and turn it this evening.
 
Meanwhile, back in Maryland


cmw3_d750_DSC_4738.jpg by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
Beautiful! I know they're up at our old place in Georgia by now - probably have been up a couple of weeks already. I'm starting to see shoots of green popping out around here, It IS March, even though we just had a wintry blast. The sun is out and it's turning to a slushy mess. Probably be gone completely in another day or so.
 
Thank you. We'll move them to somewhere in the front
 
Snowing again her today. Not much accumulation. It’s wet and slushy Freezing temps tonight so it will all be ice in the morning but 40’s tomorrow afternoon should melt it all and repeat!

E23DBC8E-ACA5-45B9-B935-C48ACDBB8B9C.webp
 
Yellow Jonquails have been coming up everywhere. The woods are coming alive with the splash of Redbuds blooming. Not so welcome are the yellow buds on the pine trees, when they burst and dump their pollen. We have several days of rain in the forecast so maybe it will keep it out of the air.

Planted a Dogwood in the front yard of the lake house before Christmas. I'm anxious to see if I have blooms yet.
 
Yellow Jonquails have been coming up everywhere. The woods are coming alive with the splash of Redbuds blooming. Not so welcome are the yellow buds on the pine trees, when they burst and dump their pollen. We have several days of rain in the forecast so maybe it will keep it out of the air.

Planted a Dogwood in the front yard of the lake house before Christmas. I'm anxious to see if I have blooms yet.
I love the American Redbud trees!! Seeing that little hint of lavender through the trees always means spring. I think they grow up here, too - my lot is tiny but I hope to find one.
 
It was nice and sunny today and got to 73F or something like that. Took the camera out for a walk. The trail was very muddy from all the rain, and the birds were in hiding, so a came home empty handed, but it was a nice several hours of just walking and looking. Saw some Redbuds in bloom, but didn't go down the street to get a shot, because I was beat by the time I saw them. The birds were very flighty, so not good shots of them, except for some Canada Geese, and I couldn't even get a good shot of them. Tomorrow I'm getting the supplies to build at leas one 6'x3'x24" raised bed for my garden.
 
Tomorrow I'm getting the supplies to build at leas one 6'x3'x24" raised bed for my garden.

Just curious what you're using I need to build a raised flower bed at the lake. My experience with newer treated lumber in ground contact isn't very good. May end up using concrete block for mine.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom