What's new

The Coffee House

Vanilla extract: hillbilly cologne.
I know you used to be able to get it by the liter in Puerto Rico, rather cheaply. I guess you still can.
 
I was going to just put up drywall but I've decided to go with a white bead-board paneling.
That stuff always looks really good. I'd love to find a place in my basement for something similar, but the finished area looks good as is, and the unfinished part will likely remain unfinished. Except for one large corner where we hope to wrangle in a darkroom.
 
There is a bathroom down there that will be gutted and rebuilt (mold in shower). I'm going to make a couple tables on wheels so it can be used as a darkroom and rolled out of the way when we need a bathroom or shower.

I measured the office this morning. The wall on the right side of the fireplace is eight inches wider than the wall on the right side. Not sure why but it might be because the furnace is on the other side of the wall.
 
Please leave the light on! Canada in the summer and Mexico in the winter.
Sorry but you have to take winter too, the whole enchilada. Besides, changing busted snow blower belts in January is character-building. Feeling will return to your fingers in just 3-5 days. Trust me.
 
I'm not sure if is the place to share this story but it's a dream I had the other night. It was so incredibly vivid and I remembered every detail so when I woke up in the morning I starting writing my dream in my notes app. It was unlike any dream I've had before. It's a little long, I know but it's incredibly how our brains can produce such imaginative dreams. I don't know if this is a meaning or its just simply a dream.

Here it goes...

I was in California and for some reason I was walking in a suburb in a desert apparently trying to get away from someone or something. I was running through backyards trying to not get caught.

I made it out of the suburb and I was on this long road that seemed to be in the middle of the desert. I remember feeling lost, afraid and unsure of what to do.

I was all alone.

Eventually, I notice a building in the distance and it was like an entrance to a subway or something. Something unusual in the desert. I get there and go in and it's just a hole with lots of stairs going down. It's like metal fire escape stairs and I remember hearing the distinctive clink sound the stairs made.

Anyways there was a very dirty homeless man standing there on top stair. I have to go by him and go down the stairs. He was so into my sneakers and wanted them and it was starting to creep me out. I finally get past him and begin going down the stairs, there was other people in there too but they had no faces.

I get to the bottom and there's a door. I open it and somehow I was in downtown LA. But it's night time, lot stuff going on...as it turns out I was at some kind of red carpet event with camera flashes going off. I'm standing there and this huge security guard comes over, this guy is like 9ft tall. He tells me to get out of the way because there's a limo arriving and he starts small talk with me.

I'm like hey man. Can I ask you a question? so I started asking him for directions to somewhere but he never told me because the limo showed up and some girl gets out and she's some kind of pop star. She starts yelling at me and saying I'm fired for not being there on time, not only am I fired but my entire team is too. Apparently I worked for her as a tech 🤷‍♂️ The security guard puts his hand on my shoulder and says sorry man.

I'm standing there thinking what the heck just happened? and it suddenly hit me, this isn't real.

And I woke up.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure if is the place to share this story but it's a dream I had the other night. It was so incredibly vivid and I remembered every detail so when I woke up in the morning I starting writing my dream in my notes app. It was unlike any dream I've had before. It's a little long, I know but it's incredibly how our brains can produce such imaginative dreams. I don't know if this is a meaning or its just simply a dream.

Here it goes...

I was in California and for some reason I was walking in a suburb in a desert apparently trying to get away from someone or something. I was running through backyards trying to not get caught.

I made it out of the suburb and I was on this long road that seemed to be in the middle of the desert. I remember feeling lost, afraid and unsure of what to do.

I was all alone.

Eventually, I notice a building in the distance and it was like an entrance to a subway or something. Something unusual in the desert. I get there and go in and it's just a hole with lots of stairs going down. It's like metal fire escape stairs and I remember hearing the distinctive clink sound the stairs made.

Anyways there was a very dirty homeless man standing there on top stair. I have to go by him and go down the stairs. He was so into my sneakers and wanted them and it was starting to creep me out. I finally get past him and begin going down the stairs, there was other people in there too but they had no faces.

I get to the bottom and there's a door. I open it and somehow I was in downtown LA. But it's night time, lot stuff going on...as it turns out I was at some kind of red carpet event with camera flashes going off. I'm standing there and this huge security guard comes over, this guy is like 9ft tall. He tells me to get out of the way because there's a limo arriving and he starts small talk with me.

I'm like hey man. Can I ask you a question? so I started asking him for directions to somewhere but he never told me because the limo showed up and some girl gets out and she's some kind of pop star. She starts yelling at me and saying I'm fired for not being there on time, not only am I fired but my entire team is too. Apparently I worked for her as a tech 🤷‍♂️ The security guard puts his hand on my shoulder and says sorry man.

I'm standing there thinking what the heck just happened? and it suddenly hit me, this isn't real.

And I woke up.
Yep, that's a weird one! I usually like deciphering my long, story-like dreams with lots of details. It never makes sense, though.
 
Sorry but you have to take winter too, the whole enchilada. Besides, changing busted snow blower belts in January is character-building. Feeling will return to your fingers in just 3-5 days. Trust me.
You can get an electric snowblower that takes the same battery as your electric lawnmower, if you keep the yard size down. :icon_cheers:
 
There is a bathroom down there that will be gutted and rebuilt (mold in shower). I'm going to make a couple tables on wheels so it can be used as a darkroom and rolled out of the way when we need a bathroom or shower
Cool!! Don't forget the dehumidifier!
 
I'm not sure if is the place to share this story but it's a dream I had the other night. It was so incredibly vivid and I remembered every detail so when I woke up in the morning I starting writing my dream in my notes app. It was unlike any dream I've had before. It's a little long, I know but it's incredibly how our brains can produce such imaginative dreams. I don't know if this is a meaning or its just simply a dream.

Here it goes...

I was in California and for some reason I was walking in a suburb in a desert apparently trying to get away from someone or something. I was running through backyards trying to not get caught.

I made it out of the suburb and I was on this long road that seemed to be in the middle of the desert. I remember feeling lost, afraid and unsure of what to do.

I was all alone.

Eventually, I notice a building in the distance and it was like an entrance to a subway or something. Something unusual in the desert. I get there and go in and it's just a hole with lots of stairs going down. It's like metal fire escape stairs and I remember hearing the distinctive clink sound the stairs made.

Anyways there was a very dirty homeless man standing there on top stair. I have to go by him and go down the stairs. He was so into my sneakers and wanted them and it was starting to creep me out. I finally get past him and begin going down the stairs, there was other people in there too but they had no faces.

I get to the bottom and there's a door. I open it and somehow I was in downtown LA. But it's night time, lot stuff going on...as it turns out I was at some kind of red carpet event with camera flashes going off. I'm standing there and this huge security guard comes over, this guy is like 9ft tall. He tells me to get out of the way because there's a limo arriving and he starts small talk with me.

I'm like hey man. Can I ask you a question? so I started asking him for directions to somewhere but he never told me because the limo showed up and some girl gets out and she's some kind of pop star. She starts yelling at me and saying I'm fired for not being there on time, not only am I fired but my entire team is too. Apparently I worked for her as a tech 🤷‍♂️ The security guard puts his hand on my shoulder and says sorry man.

I'm standing there thinking what the heck just happened? and it suddenly hit me, this isn't real.

And I woke up.
Wow you remembered a lot of details. I usually have vague notions that I dreamt about something good or bad but never much recall on what it was. When I do occasionally remember anything it’s almost always very obvious what/why - typically something I was struggling to make a decision on. Your brain works at night while you sleep to solve your problems.
 
@Neri know those kind of dreams. Every now and then I have "Amazon Prime Season Series" dreams. They go on over the course of several days, to get you interested, and then abruptly end with no finish.
 
@Neri know those kind of dreams. Every now and then I have "Amazon Prime Season Series" dreams. They go on over the course of several days, to get you interested, and then abruptly end with no finish.
Don’t forget the mystery of when a new episode will be released!
 
Last edited:
Don’t forget the mystery of when a new episode will be released!
I watched Night Sky last week for 4 nights straight. Kept thinking I needed to turn it off, but it kept suckering me in. Got to the last one and it just ended, no clue what happened. News said Amazon canceled it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom