The Coffee House

I used to ride like that in my 4*4 but what do you do with all the bits you take off. Ok when at home no problem but when camping I was always worried that some thief would take roof windows etc if I left them in or by the tent

I used to ride like that in my 4*4 but what do you do with all the bits you take off. Ok when at home no problem but when camping I was always worried that some thief would take roof windows etc if I left them in or by the tent
You’re not wrong to be worried about that. I had a small soft top “jeep” a million years ago and someone stole the zip out back window while it was parked at the mall.

This one is a hard-top, though the panels over the front seats come off; getting the top off is a bit more complicated than the soft tops. I doubt I'll do it again, just remove the front panels from now on. They easily store in the bed.

The doors will stay on since at least one outside mirror is required.

We got the dining room situated. We still need to fix one part of the ceiling and paint but it's better. IMG_0521[1].JPG

Woke up to yet another day of rain, checked my fingers and toes for signs of webbing. So far so good. LOL I shouldn't complain, but this year has been extremely wet for our part of the world.

Restless night as the mind drifted to the plight of the five soles on the Titan Sub. The thought of what they might be going through coupled with my own irrational fears made for a bad night. A traumatic childhood experience left me very claustrophobic. I attempted to tour the submarine, USS Drum at Mobile once. I made it all the way down the ladder before the overwhelming anxieties shot me back up like a torpedo. Couldn't help but think that if I was in those people's place I'd be praying for a merciful catastrophic failure.

The likelihood of saving them is drawing to an end, now comes the investigations and law suits. Considering how there are stringent regulations on just about everything, I'm surprised at the apparent lack of any on this vessel. It's one thing to build something and risk your own life, but an entirely different matter to risk the lives of passengers, (paying or not) who've relied on your word that it's safe.

We've been uncharacteristically soggy in North Texas as well. The back lawn is loving it, as are many of the plants. On the down side, I'm having to mow once a week.

Prayers that they are able to locate the sub and rescue the occupants, though with each passing minute that becomes less likely.

Woke up to yet another day of rain, checked my fingers and toes for signs of webbing. So far so good. LOL I shouldn't complain, but this year has been extremely wet for our part of the world.

Restless night as the mind drifted to the plight of the five soles on the Titan Sub. The thought of what they might be going through coupled with my own irrational fears made for a bad night. A traumatic childhood experience left me very claustrophobic. I attempted to tour the submarine, USS Drum at Mobile once. I made it all the way down the ladder before the overwhelming anxieties shot me back up like a torpedo. Couldn't help but think that if I was in those people's place I'd be praying for a merciful catastrophic failure.

The likelihood of saving them is drawing to an end, now comes the investigations and law suits. Considering how there are stringent regulations on just about everything, I'm surprised at the apparent lack of any on this vessel. It's one thing to build something and risk your own life, but an entirely different matter to risk the lives of passengers, (paying or not) who've relied on your word that it's safe.
It's a terrible event. These people paid serious money for this experience, and now some serious safety flaws are coming to light.

A lot of speculation going on, regular noises from a certain area being reported, etc., all while the supposed life support is dwindling away.

@smoke665 : I also have claustrophobic tendencies: can't even have a regular MRI. I couldn't set foot in that thing, especially knowing it would be sealed from the outside. I'd break into a small panic even if that occurred on a dry dock!

This just seems like hell. :(

Very sad that is is that they died, but at leaest they would not even known about it. The Titanic should NEVER be used for site seeing in the first place, at least they did not suffer 4 days ago.

They just announced that the debris field found earlier has been identified as the remains of the Titan Sub. It appears that it was a catastrophic implosion. They'll be switching to a recovery operation.

It seems as though the CEO of the stupid company had all the warnings, but told others to leave hime alone. I hope all the families get massive payouts, but not the family of the CEO as he seemed a knowitall, and others died because of him.

Last edited:
In 2017 I had cataract surgery, over the years I've gradually developed scar tissue behind the left lens that's made focusing difficult. So much so, that I've not done much editing that requires detail work. Friday was finally able to get YAG Laser Surgery. So great to not have to cover my left eye to focus.

Last edited:
Ugh! I do a two mile walk every week day at lunch (sans camera so that I focus on the health aspect of walking :) ), and yesterday was brutal. 94F with a 104F heat index and 60% humidity. My shirt was drenched by the time I got back to the house. On the positive side, lots of toxins removed from the body, and some weight. Goal is to get weight down to 170 lbs.

Ugh! I do a two mile walk every week day at lunch (sans camera so that I focus on the health aspect of walking :) ), and yesterday was brutal. 94F with a 104F heat index and 60% humidity. My shirt was drenched by the time I got back to the house. On the positive side, lots of toxins removed from the body, and some weight. Goal is to get weight down to 170 lbs.
170lbs---I weighed more than that when I graduated HS!!! :eek-73:

Heat and humidity has been bad here. Sunday before Church the humidity was horrendous, just moving I broke out in a sweat. They're calling for a heat index of 115 here on Friday.

1687875772405.png

170lbs---I weighed more than that when I graduated HS!!! :eek-73:

Heat and humidity has been bad here. Sunday before Church the humidity was horrendous, just moving I broke out in a sweat. They're calling for a heat index of 115 here on Friday.

View attachment 266757
When I enlisted in 1980, I weighed in at a whopping... 125 lbs... not the heaviest kid on the block... 😁

It's so overcast it looks like it ought to rain (we might get a sprinkle) but apparently again it's wildfire smoke. Rather surprised it's this far inland in the midwest.

In more cheerful news, there's a new local ice cream flavor, lemon meringue pie. Mmm... And a new flamingo chick at the zoo. I'm picturing a flamingo in a cute skirt carrying a cute purse...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back