What's new

The Coffee House

MANTIS!

I heard, today, that there is heavy flooding in VT, as well. We've been getting rain (glad - we're still in a deficit, I think) but not really heavy enough to send out the Swift-Water Rescue folks.

I think, if my grandfather W had lived longer (he dies=d when I was about six) I would probably like snakes - he always had d=some kind of reptile in the apartment. I remember an iquana and a cayman.

We're watching the BBQ Brawl (I love you, Brookie).
Check out the instagrams accounts for whitemountainsnewhampshire and vermontforreal to see some incredibly scary video of the swift river along the Kanc and Quechee VT
 
I've seen a lot of video of the New England states this evening - quite a system rolled through there! Pretty scary stuff.

Stay safe, our NE hosers! :heartpump:
 
The laptop has been acting up the past few days: locking up and garbage screen displays. I'm hoping it will stay together for a little onger; I can't quite replace it yet.
 
Ugh. $900 to fix Princess’s car ac. Water bill came after filling the pool. Had to have someone come out yesterday to remove a hornet nest that was way too close to the pool for comfort. There goes my idea for a last minute weekend in Maine!
 
@snowbear , @SquarePeg When things are going good, life has a way of reaching out and slapping the #$%$## out of you, to remind you not to get comfortable. LOL

Sunday night our internet went down. ATT finally got here this morning, guess one of the storms over the weekend, got the modem. Thankfully we're back up and running.
 
Ugh. $900 to fix Princess’s car ac. Water bill came after filling the pool. Had to have someone come out yesterday to remove a hornet nest that was way too close to the pool for comfort. There goes my idea for a last minute weekend in Maine!
When it rains it pours! There is light at the end of the tunnel. When our youngest got her degree and moved out we got a raise ;)
 
We took a road trip to visit our youngest daughter. It was grandson's 5th bday and we met our youngest grandchild just 3 weeks old. The other daughter and her 3 girls went too. Strange traveling with an entourage. We got them a room at the same hotel and were next door. Funny we get a knock the first evening wanting to see our snacks. I did pack extra. We stopped for lunch on the way and husband spilled his glass of water in his lap. The grandgirls thought this was hilarious...saying grandpa wet his pants.

Since I've been away it appears that a follower fellow photographer on Flickr got banned. He got caught using a bot to like and comment on others' photos. I don't know why you would want to do that. Getting more people to like his photos? He was a very good photographer and seems so unnecessary. Saw two videos where he is getting roasted.
 
Since I've been away it appears that a follower fellow photographer on Flickr got banned. He got caught using a bot to like and comment on others' photos. I don't know why you would want to do that. Getting more people to like his photos? He was a very good photographer and seems so unnecessary. Saw two videos where he is getting roasted.
That's so crazy, isn't it? Too busy to do these things himself?

Now he's getting roasted online. Hopefully he's not a working pro because this is the kind of thing that can make potential customers pass you by.

Aside from that, it sounds like you had a fun trip with the family! :)
 
Ugh. $900 to fix Princess’s car ac. Water bill came after filling the pool. Had to have someone come out yesterday to remove a hornet nest that was way too close to the pool for comfort. There goes my idea for a last minute weekend in Maine!
Presently trying to outflank my 95 year-old FIL from driving and--gulp!--flying his plane. Believe the driver's license is up for (non)review next month but think the federally-issued pilot's license never got renewed last spring. There were some Covid delays on those but suspect he was flatly denied--fingers crossed.

Some men insist on going down swinging, I guess. I need a drink now.
 
We took a road trip to visit our youngest daughter. It was grandson's 5th bday and we met our youngest grandchild just 3 weeks old. The other daughter and her 3 girls went too. Strange traveling with an entourage. We got them a room at the same hotel and were next door. Funny we get a knock the first evening wanting to see our snacks. I did pack extra. We stopped for lunch on the way and husband spilled his glass of water in his lap. The grandgirls thought this was hilarious...saying grandpa wet his pants.

Since I've been away it appears that a follower fellow photographer on Flickr got banned. He got caught using a bot to like and comment on others' photos. I don't know why you would want to do that. Getting more people to like his photos? He was a very good photographer and seems so unnecessary. Saw two videos where he is getting roasted.
What in the world????? Maybe looking for reciprocal likes and comments? I only look at Flickr when I’m adding photos. I respond to comments and try to take a look through my feed and comment on what catches my eye. Now I need to know who it is and if I also follow them.

Presently trying to outflank my 95 year-old FIL from driving and--gulp!--flying his plane. Believe the driver's license is up for (non)review next month but think the federally-issued pilot's license never got renewed last spring. There were some Covid delays on those but suspect he was flatly denied--fingers crossed.

Some men insist on going down swinging, I guess. I need a drink now.
That’s scary. Maybe get him to sell the plane before he hurts someone. I’m
 
@cgw my nearly blind 94 year old FIL kept getting his license renewed. Couldn't understand how, seems he'd memorized the eye chart. When the new optometrist came in, he replaced the chart, end of the line for FIL. MIL couldn't drive but she had good eyesight so these two were doubling up on the driving.
 
What in the world????? Maybe looking for reciprocal likes and comments? I only look at Flickr when I’m adding photos. I respond to comments and try to take a look through my feed and comment on what catches my eye. Now I need to know who it is and if I also follow them.


That’s scary. Maybe get him to sell the plane before he hurts someone. I’m
He's badass.
@cgw my nearly blind 94 year old FIL kept getting his license renewed. Couldn't understand how, seems he'd memorized the eye chart. When the new optometrist came in, he replaced the chart, end of the line for FIL. MIL couldn't drive but she had good eyesight so these two were doubling up on the driving.
Yup. Suspect his driving/flying days are nearly up. Rather tired of enabling his refusal to accept physical/visual limitations on potentially risking activities he loves but shouldn't continue.
 
It’s a shame when one has to give up driving/flying. My gran dad was the same, I had to give up sailing just hope when the time comes I have the sense to call it a day and not drive when I should not.
 
My mom rear ended someone, and that was when she decided it was time to give up the license. Honestly, she never really missed it, and that was almost a decade ago. Nowadays, with Lyft and Uber, and all the grocery stores delivering, and being able to order everything under the sun from Amazon and WalMart, there is very little need to drive anymore, if one doesn't want to.
 
My mom turns 81 next month. She’s more like a young 70 as far as health goes. For the past few years she doesn’t want to drive at night any more so she drives a lot less in the winter as it gets dark here so early them. Her car is an old 2012 Civic which she won’t trade in because she said she isn’t sure how much longer she’ll keep driving so a new car would be a waste. I’m hoping that means that when the time comes she will voluntarily give it up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom