The Coffee House

I posted something somewhere on YouTube today and it created yet another "new account". What a mess. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do about this new account. I don't know how to get rid of it. As far as I can tell, my "old" account still works. So what was the point?

Leaves.... mutter cuss, cuss.
mum has trees on each side of her. Her neighbours trees seems to drop their leaves in mums garden. Removing leaves is something I have not had to do for years.

Leaves.... mutter cuss, cuss.
mum has trees on each side of her. Her neighbours trees seems to drop their leaves in mums garden. Removing leaves is something I have not had to do for years.
No need to remove them! Either mow over them if they’re on the grass or leave them be to shelter pollinators over the winter and then enrich the soil in the garden when they break down.

We have the "Lighted Jeeps Parade" (though we will be parked) at the sculture garden this evening. I just put some "Christmas Gnome" lights on the truck wreath, and picked up two more light nets for the cab (the one I already have is for the hood), and extension cords for one of the inflatable polar bears and the new Christmas Llama (Fa-la-la-la-llama). I'll put the bear in the truck bed and the llama on the ground near the front. I'll put the cabin lights on the roof, then pull them down the sides once we are there - too old for climbing in and out of the window. Once the frost burns off the truck, it's off to the carwash and get the bird$#!t removed. Then we can put the wreath and lights on.

The seam ripper turned out (pun not entirely intended) OK. Not the profile I originally pictured but I'm happy with it, overall. I used a dark piece of Bolivian Rosewood and finished it with rubbed Tung oil. It's a hard drying oil and can leave a glossy, almost wet look, but since I rubbed it into the wood, it's a matte finish. There is a brass tube inside that hoilds the fittings, but when I milled the ends of the wood blank, I messed up part of the tube, so now there's a rough spot. That has broken two of the four "o"-rings on the ripper piece, and I don't habe needle files to smooth the tube out. I'll hit the tool store after the carwash.

IMG_E0140.png

IMG_E0139.png

I have gotten some more shipments from the wood store: some tree ornament kits, the ink pen-pencil-roller ball pen set for MLW, and the boards for the paper two towel holders, for MLSIL and us. Of course, I needed a couple of Forstner drill bits to get nice flat holes for the towel holder dowels. These are maple and will have a "racing stripe" accent of cherry and walnut; the dowels are birch. I'll finish with tung oil.

Also, for this weekend is the fireplace mantle. I have curly olivewood for the main board and Swiss pear wood for the trim. The pear will be dovetailed and pocket screwed to the olivewood, then the whole assembly scewed to the fireplace through the trim. I haven't decided how to plug the mount screw holes: wood plugs cut from the pear, contrasting (dark) wood plugs, or maybe some plugs cut from aluminum (MLW says "no brass") bar stock. I can brush the aluminum and give it a "satin nickel" appearance that would match cabined hardware in other rooms.

Happy weekend Hosers! Went to a Christmas party last night which was fun. Feeling a bit slow this morning but it was worth it.

Going to try to finish holiday decorating today - got to get the outside lights up before the rain that’s coming early on Monday. Was going to go with just a table top tree this year but after bringing all the ornaments down from the attic, I just can’t. Too many of the ornaments are homemade by Princess or memories of wonderful trips. I need my stuff!

No need to remove them! Either mow over them if they’re on the grass or leave them be to shelter pollinators over the winter and then enrich the soil in the garden when they break down.
We don't have flower beds, yet, but I run tractor/mower over the ones in the front yard. I have it set for mulching. The back yard, containing 45% of the leaves in the state, just get blown to the "bottom" where the bamboo is. Once that yard is in order and there is actually grass, I'll just mulch them up with the tractor, too.

Happy weekend Hosers! Went to a Christmas party last night which was fun. Feeling a bit slow this morning but it was worth it.

Going to try to finish holiday decorating today - got to get the outside lights up before the rain that’s coming early on Monday. Was going to go with just a table top tree this year but after bringing all the ornaments down from the attic, I just can’t. Too many of the ornaments are homemade by Princess or memories of wonderful trips. I need my stuff!
How's Princess doing, anyway?

I posted something somewhere on YouTube today and it created yet another "new account". What a mess. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do about this new account. I don't know how to get rid of it. As far as I can tell, my "old" account still works. So what was the point?
There's a Youtube video for that... 😁 All of your Youtube accounts should be linked you your Google account, so if you log into your Google account, there should be options to manage or delete Youtube accounts and channels. Did you create a new account, or a new channel? Google Support has steps on removing both.

How's Princess doing, anyway?
She’s great thanks! Half way through her junior year. She recently added a minor in chemistry to her biology major. Heavy course load this year and some of the most difficult classes - Organic chem, Physics and Anatomy in the same term yikes! She is a month or so away from her 21st birthday which makes me feel ancient lol.

One of the local Christmas parades is today. I have to drive my truck and trailer for the grandkids Cub Scout Packs float. Worse ways to spend a Saturday afternoon.

That sounds like a blast! I was a troop leader when my daughter was in Girl Scouts and the parades were always fun to participate in.

She’s great thanks! Half way through her junior year.

No that can't be.......it was just yesterday she was in HS. Time is flying by to fast, our oldest grandson is finishing up his JR year, he took a vacation to "find out what he wanted to be. LOL Came back strong as a Chemistry major. Next two oldest are halfway through their JR year. One is an International Engineering Major the other is a Computer Science Major. We have this great fear that all of them are going to graduate at the same time (500 miles apart) :crushed:

Last edited:
Just about to get the new computer and peripherals set up. I have limited work area and a small desk. Got the monitor mounted on the wall behind the desk, new speaker system with subwoofer under the desk. Shelves up to get clutter off the desk. I'd forgotten how nice a desktop setup properly could be.

Well, heck! Where is Winter? Yesterday it got to 78F, and today 65F. One of the pleasures in life is crawling beneath a pile of blankets to warm up, but with these temps, there's no getting cold.

No that can't be.......it was just yesterday she was in HS. Time is flying by to fast, our oldest grandson is finishing up his JR year, he took a vacation to "find out what he wanted to be. LOL Came back strong as a Chemistry major. Next two oldest are halfway through their JR year. One is an International Engineering Major the other is a Computer Science Major. We have this great fear that all of them are going to graduate at the same time (500 miles apart) :crushed:

I have two nephews that are the same age. We were worried that their HS graduations would be on the same day and we’d have to choose which to attend. As it turned out, they were the Covid class of 2020 and the graduation “ceremonies” were not open to relatives for one and held during a weekday for the other.

Most reactions

Back