What's new

The Coffee House

Oh, and thanks to all for the info re. Dec 22! I have temporarily posted my Time-Lapse as follows:

"20231222 Sunrise Timelapse", [length 0:54].

Note: I am not expecting anyone to bother to look at this one. As I have implied, it was not particularly good. I have posted it and mentioned it here, just for completeness. I rarely delete things from YouTube, but I plan to delete this file some time after New Years' day.
Very nicely done! I like how the stop light blinks like tree lights. I see it's not just the US that has unsightly architecture for housing. :D
 
Hiya hosers! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, which for many will continue until Jan 2nd I guess. I go back to work tomorrow, and may take a last minute PTO on Friday if work load permits. I did that this past Friday to give myself a five day weekend. Because we are a religiously eclectic family, we had our family get together a week ago, which was fun. My youngest was gifted a 15 LB Honeysuckle turkey, which we cooked on Friday, along with yams, sour cream mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing. Since all the kiddos had their own thing going, my DW and I had the feast all to ourselves, with a guarantee of leftovers for easy follow-up meals and turkey sandwiches. We have a tradition of going to a Chinese buffet on Christmas day, so we met up with one of our sons to do just that, and it was a lot of fun to see all the folks that crowded the place, many still in their jammies, but at least tastefully so. Next up, New Years, where DW and I will probably tuck in to bed for the night long before the clock strikes midnight.
 
We have a tradition of going to a Chinese buffet on Christmas day, so we met up with one of our sons to do just that, and it was a lot of fun to see all the folks that crowded the place, many still in their jammies, but at least tastefully so.
I love this! Sounds like fun! 👍

You all definitely had a feast. Hope you can make the short work week even shorter!
 
Very nicely done! I like how the stop light blinks like tree lights. I see it's not just the US that has unsightly architecture for housing. :D

I never got around to learning the G85 for time-lapse. I set it up as a last minute thought. I think I will try it more often and see if I can get to know what it can do in this role.

Anyway, here is a short collection of the sky for the three main days. These were "free shot" (not part of any kind of time-lapse, or any other collection for that matter). I believe I changed the Picture Profile after the Christmas Eve picture, which is why the color balance changes a bit for the Xmas Day picture. Umm. In retrospect, I think I prefer the 1st picture color balance. The Boxing Day sky clearing did not last. I think it was only about a half hour later and it was clouded over again for the rest of the day. It has been drizzling, throughout, and will continue to do so for "a while". No sledding for the young people. . . .

[These are all morning pictures:
Christmas Eve 2023-12-24 08:25
Christmas Day 2023-12-25 08:15
Boxing Day: 2023-12-26 07:59]
 

Attachments

  • 2023-01XmasEve-a1600.webp
    2023-01XmasEve-a1600.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2023-02XmasDay-a1600.webp
    2023-02XmasDay-a1600.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2023-03BoxingDay-a1600.webp
    2023-03BoxingDay-a1600.webp
    49 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hiya hosers! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, which for many will continue until Jan 2nd I guess. I go back to work tomorrow, and may take a last minute PTO on Friday if work load permits. I did that this past Friday to give myself a five day weekend. Because we are a religiously eclectic family, we had our family get together a week ago, which was fun. My youngest was gifted a 15 LB Honeysuckle turkey, which we cooked on Friday, along with yams, sour cream mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing. Since all the kiddos had their own thing going, my DW and I had the feast all to ourselves, with a guarantee of leftovers for easy follow-up meals and turkey sandwiches. We have a tradition of going to a Chinese buffet on Christmas day, so we met up with one of our sons to do just that, and it was a lot of fun to see all the folks that crowded the place, many still in their jammies, but at least tastefully so. Next up, New Years, where DW and I will probably tuck in to bed for the night long before the clock strikes midnight.
I thought Chinese food on Christmas Day was only an old New York Jewish tradition. (Although it does show up in Jean Shepard's Christmas movie, which has become a classic.) Anyway, Happy New Year!
 
Hiya hosers! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, which for many will continue until Jan 2nd I guess. I go back to work tomorrow, and may take a last minute PTO on Friday if work load permits. I did that this past Friday to give myself a five day weekend. Because we are a religiously eclectic family, we had our family get together a week ago, which was fun. My youngest was gifted a 15 LB Honeysuckle turkey, which we cooked on Friday, along with yams, sour cream mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing. Since all the kiddos had their own thing going, my DW and I had the feast all to ourselves, with a guarantee of leftovers for easy follow-up meals and turkey sandwiches. We have a tradition of going to a Chinese buffet on Christmas day, so we met up with one of our sons to do just that, and it was a lot of fun to see all the folks that crowded the place, many still in their jammies, but at least tastefully so. Next up, New Years, where DW and I will probably tuck in to bed for the night long before the clock strikes night.
Nothing beats the wretched excess of the holidays! Keynote here is the El Niño/CO2 boost that has so far idled the snowblowers here and the family ruin.Trad grub excess--mince tarts, DIY marzipan, gingerbread, ordeal-by-turkey and Christmas pudding(deserves a place on the periodic table for densest known material). Shopping tomorrow for New Years--mainly stuff that once swam. Re-up on Stoly and beer. Toronto area interesting for major food chains quietly buying up successful Chinese, Middle Eastern and Polish/ E. European supermarkets--huge assortments of to-die-for waist thickeners available. Hoping to slow BBQ back ribs on 1/1/24 so long as frostbite isn't a worry. Happy 2024 to all at TPF!
 
I thought Chinese food on Christmas Day was only an old New York Jewish tradition. (Although it does show up in Jean Shepard's Christmas movie, which has become a classic.) Anyway, Happy New Year!
It's an "all over the USA" Jewish tradition. :) Happy New Year!
 
Nothing beats the wretched excess of the holidays! Keynote here is the El Niño/CO2 boost that has so far idled the snowblowers here and the family ruin.Trad grub excess--mince tarts, DIY marzipan, gingerbread, ordeal-by-turkey and Christmas pudding(deserves a place on the periodic table for densest known material). Shopping tomorrow for New Years--mainly stuff that once swam. Re-up on Stoly and beer. Toronto area interesting for major food chains quietly buying up successful Chinese, Middle Eastern and Polish/ E. European supermarkets--huge assortments of to-die-for waist thickeners available. Hoping to slow BBQ back ribs on 1/1/24 so long as frostbite isn't a worry. Happy 2024 to all at TPF!
We have a plethora of choices for ethnic/cultural foods from South Asian to East Asian to European, Middle Eastern, African, and Latin/South American offerings. Restaurants and grocery stores. Variety is the spice of life, and we have it all here in the DFW Metroplex. As for the weather, my hibiscus is about to bloom again, just in time for New Years Day. Happy 2024!
 
Hosers. We got a late Christmas present this year, courtesy of my son and daughter in law.

As of 8 am this morning, as a matter of fact!

Meet Jeremiah (all 5 pounds 10 ounces of him):


image000000(8).webp
 
Congrats, grandma!
 
Thanks y'all!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom