What's new

The Coffee House

dont tell the bank manager ok
But I had a GAS attack today,,, went and looked at the sales
Just went to look honest… well not really….. looked and bought
Now own a canon l series 17 to 40 f4.. looks nearly new going to play…..
I mean put to some mature use…..
who am I kidding, going out to play with it later
 
Hosers. We got a late Christmas present this year, courtesy of my son and daughter in law.

As of 8 am this morning, as a matter of fact!

Meet Jeremiah (all 5 pounds 10 ounces of him):


View attachment 270669

Oh how wonderful!!!
 
Merry and Happy Christmas and New Year to all the hosers in coffeehoseville! Based on this thread it looks like everyone had a lovely time!

We had cocktails and Chinese food take out on Christmas Eve with just a few of us (7) and hosted the usual big Christmas Day dinner (16 this year). Beef tenderloin, honey ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole etc. Made my family famous chocolate mousse filled cupcakes for dessert.

Princess was in charge of apps on Christmas Day for the first time. She did well. We had caprese snowmen with balsamic glaze, shrimp with some type of dipping sauce, scallops in bacon and a pull apart garlic bread Christmas tree made of crescent rolls with tomato ornaments. It was a til tok Christmas lol.

We played games after dinner and had a very rowdy Yankee swap. All in all it was fun and a bit tipsy. Didn’t get to bed until after midnight. I doubt I’ll make it that late on NYE. We have a dinner res at 6 about an hour away and I plan to be home and in my pjs watching something British by 9 - my own personal NYE tradition.
 
It seems that after a very long time I have forgotten how to capture my computer screen to a file. This is a Windows 8.1 computer. It is some kind of "Ctrl-Shift-___" key combination. Does anyone know what it was?
 
It seems that after a very long time I have forgotten how to capture my computer screen to a file. This is a Windows 8.1 computer. It is some kind of "Ctrl-Shift-___" key combination. Does anyone know what it was?

There's a "PrtScn" (F8) button to capture the entire screen, or you can do WindowsKey-Shift-S to open the snip tool and capture a section of the screen.
 
We had a wonderful full house family Christmas. Two days later our youngest daughter and family had to go home. My husband was going to fill up their tank before they left and the car wouldn't start. Two batteries and a few hours later they got on the road. Glad it happened at our home rather than on the road.

Relaxed the rest of the day with a little clean up. That night the flu hit us both hard. Fortunately other nurse daughter made a house call after work. Her husband made a run to the drug store for us. Finally today we are on the mend. My husband inadvertently made a voice message to our daughter. On it you could hear him in pain and asking me (who was just as ill) to get him a blanket, eye mask and water. Daughter played it for us when she came over. :lol:
 
We had a wonderful full house family Christmas. Two days later our youngest daughter and family had to go home. My husband was going to fill up their tank before they left and the car wouldn't start. Two batteries and a few hours later they got on the road. Glad it happened at our home rather than on the road.

Relaxed the rest of the day with a little clean up. That night the flu hit us both hard. Fortunately other nurse daughter made a house call after work. Her husband made a run to the drug store for us. Finally today we are on the mend. My husband inadvertently made a voice message to our daughter. On it you could hear him in pain and asking me (who was just as ill) to get him a blanket, eye mask and water. Daughter played it for us when she came over. :lol:
Glad you’re starting to feel better. There’s some nasty bugs floating around out there this year!
 
Normally I plan and then I "prep". This year, I'm "prepping" without a plan. Odd, but it should work out. I'm setting up three cameras w/charged batteries and lenses, and I still have not decided what I'm am going to do tomorrow.
 
It is still 20:25 in Toronto, but, heck, Happy New Year all!
 
Back from our fun dinner and drinks. Pjs on, cuddling on the couch with the dog and watching Bodies on Netflix. I’m already tired. The only chance of me being awake for ball drop is if I bump into the Christmas tree on my way to bed and an ornament falls off.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom