What's new

The Coffee House

Happy New Year, hosers! We're chilling in front of the fire and it remains to be seen if we'll hit midnight or not.

A few fireworks can now be heard. 🎆

Everyone stay safe. :586:
 
It's just a bit after 2200. Wife and Granddaughter are binge watching Tinker Bell movies, Daisy is whining because it's past her bed time (will put her in her crate after this post), and I'm on the computer. We did a few rounds of Mexican Train earlier and had order out Italian, which was very good. We decided to get some bubbly and snacks and will have a private NYE party. They are watching Disney and I'm wandering around Skyrim slaying dragons. Happy New Years to all of you! May 2024 bring everyone peace, health, and prosperity, and many photo opportunities! 🎆
 
Buzz and I watched the Twilight Zone marathon, as is our tradition, until midnight, then we switched to one of the countdown shows (I favor Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper) until midnight, and then it was lights off by 1230. Happy New Year, hosers!
 
I heard the fireworks at midnight just as I was falling asleep… goals for today:

De-Christmas the house
Long hike with Harlie
Paint something - maybe a watercolor tutorial…
Cook dinner - doing a no take out January
 
Played nice last night. Saved myself from impending cirrhosis. This afternoon it's the big New Year's Russian-style buffet where any possible healing is undone by my favorite enablers. Weak, so weak.
Best to all for 2024!
 
I heard the fireworks at midnight just as I was falling asleep… goals for today:

De-Christmas the house
Long hike with Harlie
Paint something - maybe a watercolor tutorial…
Cook dinner - doing a no take out January
"Cook dinner - doing a no take out January"

The TPF Forensic Team will be auditing your trash this month.
 
"Cook dinner - doing a no take out January"

The TPF Forensic Team will be auditing your trash this month.

Trying to determine if cooking for two is really less expensive than take out. Sometimes I think it’s really not.
 
Despite going to bed early I was still awake at midnight. The fireworks started around 10, lasted till midnight. Phoebe made sure I stayed awake.😒
 
Trying to determine if cooking for two is really less expensive than take out. Sometimes I think it’s really not.
I'm discovering that it is not. Youngest son ordered Indian for himself on Saturday, and since DW and LGD were going to a movie, I decided to make my own tikka masala using the jarred sauce. Ended up costing me as much as if I had ordered it for delivery, and that was using leftover turkey in place of the chicken. It's amazing, one of those little mini-carts can now easily be filled with $100 in groceries. The only advantage in cooking at home, in my opinion, is that it is healthier as far as salt and bad fats go.
 
Played nice last night. Saved myself from impending cirrhosis. This afternoon it's the big New Year's Russian-style buffet where any possible healing is undone by my favorite enablers. Weak, so weak.
Best to all for 2024!
Sinking fast but a quick word till then. Stoly and Absolut from the freezer are nice but this stuff...Very pleasing enhanced neuro-toxic effect. Recommended to TPF patients. Must go. Just handed a blini wrapped around salmon roe.

aalborgA.webp
 
Yesterday put half of the decorations away and did the other half today. Went to bed last night at 10 still not feeling 100%. Woke up at 11 for the next 2 hours listening to fireworks, perhaps gunshots, and Oscar was talking in his sleep. Part of the problem was that I was hungry from not eating much, so today I am trying to add more food intake.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom