What's new

The Coffee House

Hmm,
images.webp
 
Yep, unless you are planning on lots of indoor activities, TX is rough in the Summer. Museums, art galleries, indoor amusement are great, but the zoos, outdoor botanical gardens, and water parks are horrible in the heat. Spring and Autumn are the best times to visit TX in order to enjoy the outdoors.
We had a wonderful visit last year the first week of December.
 
So I've searched the whole backyard, frontyard & the park next-door hoping she dropped it, nope. This is her nest in the front yards tree, as you can see she's magpieing other colourful bits of wire & stuff but i can't see my usb lead.

I've seen wire ties & zip ties in her nests over the years

It's either in the top most part or shes dropped it somewhere in the area. Little bloody bugger!
IMG_20240731_122050.jpg


Ps. If it was a cocky id know because the phone would've been chewed up and the usb lead too, 110% sure it was her🤣.

Pps. Can only laugh at such things...
 
Last edited:
Bloody hell, Mrs Magpie nicked my usb lead.

Was charging the phone with a power bank out the backyard while listening to music this arvo. She's been taking stuff up to her nest lately and i bet its bloody in there, not happy that i gotta fork out $20 for a new one.

Found my phone covered in mud on the grass and the power bank in the garden bed, but no bloody lead anywhere.

I demand pictures of Mrs Magpie!

There are no magpies that I know of around here, but my dream in life is to one day befriend a magpie and/or crow.
 
I demand pictures of Mrs Magpie!

There are no magpies that I know of around here, but my dream in life is to one day befriend a magpie and/or crow.
As demanded, Mrs Magpie aka "sexy legs" with a drop tail skink for Raiders lunch last season & her taking fresh bedding up to her nest🤪.
IMG_20240731_155738.jpg

IMG_20240731_160120.jpg
 
Last edited:
I don't think "he" has any milk. :laugh2:
 
Took the boat out yesterday to ski with Daughter and Granddaughter, boy am I out of shape.

I blame Covid for my fatass and my out of shape lungs!
 
I blame Covid for my fatass and my out of shape lungs!
I was going to hit 'agree' but then thought, that might not be interpreted correctly. 😂 I agree that COVID has really worked all of us over and left us less fit than we otherwise would be. I finally got back into my morning walks, and have committed myself to riding my bicycle at least one day a week for at least 8 miles. My arm muscles have really atrophied and made it hard to hold my lenses, especially the 150-600mm Sigma. Hopefully things will turn around.
 
I was going to hit 'agree' but then thought, that might not be interpreted correctly. 😂 I agree that COVID has really worked all of us over and left us less fit than we otherwise would be. I finally got back into my morning walks, and have committed myself to riding my bicycle at least one day a week for at least 8 miles. My arm muscles have really atrophied and made it hard to hold my lenses, especially the 150-600mm Sigma. Hopefully things will turn around.

You can agree, there is no hiding a fatahss! I had Covid 2x in 2022 and it kicked my butt both times as far as energy level and stamina are concerned. I struggled to do even 1/4 of my usual activities without a lot of rest breaks. Finally started to feel more myself this past winter and got back to getting my walks in and building up some cardio fitness, dropped 20 lbs and was feeling great - only to be derailed by the crazy heat waves we have had this summer. I've been trying to walk with the dog every morning before the heat sets in and again after dinner up and down the small hills behind our house but the humidity has been really brutal. I've been stuck with the elliptical, which I don't love, or indoor walking which is not ideal. I've managed not to gain any of the weight back but I haven't lost anything in weeks. I can't wait for cooler temps! I have a lot of plans for daily hikes once I'm done with work and the weather is more hospitable. I cannot imagine biking 8 miles in TX in the summer.
 
I go out each morning just after sunrise, while it is still below 80F and get a good two mile walk before temps go up. When I worked in-office prior to COVID, I could do three miles inside the corporate campus, and that was great. I also started working out with 15lb dumbbells to strengthen my arms and I hold one up like a camera to work on stability with my left arm. Hopefully, that will work.

In other news, next week's triple digits have decided to start early, and so tomorrow's high will be 100F/38.8C and it only gets worse through the rest of the week into the weekend, and no rain in sight. Ugh!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom