The Coffee House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by snowbear, Nov 1, 2014.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    @snowbear I haven't flown much in the last 20 years, but prior to that there were times when it seemed like I was living on a plane. No crashes but there were a lot rough rides over the years.

2. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Last time I flew was November of 2011. We left out of Vegas in a 757. We caught wake turbulance from a 737. That 57 wagged a bit.

3. Tony744

Tony744 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    • Like Like x 1
  4. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Heavy rain but most of it stayed south. Flights halted for at least an hour, one roof over gas pumps ripped off, flooding in places. Sun came out and supposedly there was a rainbow but I didn't see nuthin'! Managed to be out of the worst of it so far but still storm watch til later this evening. Birdies chirpin'.

Been back and forth between keeping tabs on the weather and a movie with Joan Crawford clomping like a a Clydesdale with Clark Gable and Ted Healy's Stooges before they were The Three. Some early movies, one from 1929, love the art deco designs and fashions - I wanna be a flapper! (Not really, just the fashions and movie sets and glam).

5. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    For the flights that we are scheduled to take, PVD to DUB, they are currently substituting a larger plane and flying one flight per day from SWF (upper NY) to DUB - bussing people from PVD tp SWF which is 3+ hours. I spoke to them today. They won’t refund our flight because officially it hasn’t been affected yet. They are currently rebooking and rerouting through 3/31. We don’t travel until late April.

6. Dave442

Dave442 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Checked my flights - no 737 Max 8's, just have the older 737-800's and the 319 and 320 Airbuses for the next couple months.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good thing there's time yet before your trip Sharon, and that your upcoming travel sounds OK Dave.

Storms moving on thru and missed me, mostly flooding to the south. They were showing one intersection in the part of the city where I worked; that main road goes down, down, down for 5+ miles til finally you get to the bottom, and that's where it's flooded with all this water running downhill.

Sun's out so I hope this is the end of it, glad there wasn't major damage.

(And they were showing a rainbow to the south, earlier there was one to the north, didn't see either one, I'm in the middle of nothing! lol)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 6:27 PM
  8. davidharmier60

The coffeemaker wasn't ready when I went for it. Got some now and it's hitting the spot. It's Friday and that is nice for some people but I of course must go in tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Rain moved in again last night, but the storms had weakened substantially by the time they got to us. Course that didn't prevent us from losing power, an occurrence that happens way to frequently. It's beyond frustration to stand on your dark deck and see the neighbors lights all shining on the ridges surrounding you. For whatever the reason the line that supplies our road goes down at least once a month sometimes more, and it's getting worse. Talking to a real person at the power company is impossible. If you call they route you through a voice mail system, and if you go to their office the person you need to talk to is always somewhere else. Looks like its time to file a complaint with the PSC, that usually gets some fast response.

10. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    My grandparents' house was like that, but they were in town. There was a line that supplied my grandparents' house and one or two other houses on the block. All of the other houses in the area were on a different line. Because there were so few houses impacted when that line went down, it always took them a long time to fix it. Most of the time they never realized it was down.

11. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    @waday In our case there's more like a few hundred on the line. It's more a case of an old line that is in need of serious upgrades. We put in gas in December to feed a fireplace, and auxiliary/emergency heat in the basement. Also had them put in a tap for a standby generator, but the cost of the other was more then expected so the generator will have to wait till this fall.

• Like Like x 1
  12. davidharmier60

The sun is shining and there are some high wispy clouds. My phone says it's 56 degrees outside. I kinda believe it.
    5 hours and a few for 28.05 for the week so far with a day to go. Will hit the PO and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then go home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk