The Coffee House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by snowbear, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Easter is our one holiday that we have dinner out. It's nice not to worry about cooking or cleaning up afterwards. When my daughter and nephew were little we always had dinner here with a very competitive Easter egg hunt afterwards. My step father would always hid one big money egg ($20) in a very high up spot for my older nephew (aka #1) to find. Once the 3 stooges found out (Princess and my 2 nephews, who are all 7 years younger than #1) they started trying to find that one first and would walk right past the candy and pocket change eggs... Princess still expects a basket each year. Now I typically fill it with some candy, hair scrunchies/headbands, a book and some small gifts.

Dinner suggestions when you have picky eaters - which we used to have... when Princess was younger she had 4 food groups - pizza, mac n cheese, chicken fingers and of course french fries. I would cook whatever the adults like to eat and then make chicken nuggets and frozen fries for the kids. Eventually they got curious and started trying the adult food.

Happy Easter everyone. Here is my annual favorite Easter post:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Easter Bunny arrives Sat. morning, probably in an antique fire truck, but they sometimes change it up. Usually I forget and just catch him going by out the window! Santa I remember to watch for, the bunny not so much.

The World Under 18s hockey started tonight - I didn't realize it was on. Team USA is up 1 over Slovakia halfway into the 1st period. Looking up the schedule I see that the game was earlier so I already saw the score! kind of takes away the suspense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RowdyRay

RowdyRay No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Picky eaters? My mom had the solution for that. Eat what I make or go hungry. Lol. She's been gone about 14 years, but dad is the same way.

He cooks up 2 big hams, real mashed potatoes, gravy made from the ham drippings and a couple of vegetables. Usually carrots and harvard beets. (It's a German thing) There's always dinner rolls to mop your plate, and several pies. Now that mom is gone, they're usually store-bought, but he doesn't scrimp.

Same meal for as long as I can remember. Eat it, or don't. Most do and come for the ham. Not your typical ham. Drooling already.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tony744

Tony744 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    The company I work for gives everybody hams from a local farm every year :drool2:, as well as turkeys for Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CherylL

CherylL TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    My Dad was the same way. I hated the pigs feet, ox tail, head cheese, pig snoots & fried brains. The last time we had the fried brains everyone thought it tasted off. Even the dog got sick. Luckily that was scrapped from future menus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tony744

Tony744 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I MUST be tired. I read pig snoots as pig snots.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. CherylL

CherylL TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Close in taste I'm sure.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

As it happens the professional floor people were supposed to be here last night.
    But they put it off for a week.
    Last gasp of winter. 42 outside.
    No rain supposed to be.
    Good coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Ended up with 22.37 for the week.
    Got a needed wheel for the lawn tractor but have no bolt for it. Going to heat up some chicken tenders my Sister made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

10. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    CherylL bless your heart. I grew up on a farm, where we raised our own meat (chicken, pork & beef) and did our own processing. Not once did my parents/grandparents suggest pig snoots!!. There was pickled pigs feet, not all that bad - it's an acquired taste, fried brains & headcheese:tapedshut: :thumbno:, no way I will ever acquire a taste for it, I remember ox tail soup a couple times, that I only picked at, and fried Rocky Mountain Oysters were on the menu during season, with a LOT of mustard, they were palatable. :friendly_wink: Edited: And lots of beer. LOL

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Fujidave

Fujidave Blue eyed and Beautiful

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not fried, but I know Zombies love brains...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I'm going to Tony's for dinner, I'm not eating with the rest of you hosers!!

I have some vague memory of pickled pigs' feet, etc. and yup, had farmers in the family! My grandma would eat the stuff none of the rest of us would touch.

The Easter bunny came by in a yellow race car, with him sitting in the passenger side waving a checkered flag out the window. I of course forgot and in my hurry to get to a window I just got a blurry shot! lol

And unless kids have food allergies etc. it's usually best to offer what is being served for dinner. Of course be realistic about what kids will eat and fix something they'd like, or if they don't want to eat at the time maybe let them have a simple snack later. If they're young they can go thru stages, or will eat something at home/school and not at the other place (go figure!), and it takes I forget how many times for young children to see a new food before they'll try it.