The Coffee House

It's surprising that the "C19" virus only started out about 4 years ago. I thought about it because today, I lost a mask. Yes, I still wear them. Oddly, not because of concern for viruses or germs, but because I tend to have allergies. I tried going without a mask, and I found that I encountered a clear difference when I was on the street without one and so I decided to keep on wearing them.

Anyway, as I was saying, this got me thinking about how short a time it has actually been since this all started. It feel like I have always worn a mask. Most people in this city do not wear them. I think that they were only mandatory for about a year or two. I have not bought masks often. I quickly accumulated a bunch (10?) and I haven't thought about them since. I wash them in small batches, and keep on using them. I expect to stop using them eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

That's your body simply adjusting to foreign materials floating around in the air. You'd be far better off to battle that for a week or two while your body adjusts, rather than spend your time recirculating matter which your body is trying to get rid of. That will certainly take years off your life...

I've never once put on a mask nor have I had any of those 'covid' injections. I lost a big contract for work because I wouldn't take that thing, my missus was forced to resign from 21 years as a primary school teacher over it too. Cannot tell you how weird it was as two full health fanatics to lose jobs because you didn't meet the company's health criteria, even though we were the healthiest people in our workplaces. It's all good though, we got by. ✅

Last edited:
never once put on a mask nor have I had any of those 'covid' injections.

Maybe you're lucky, maybe you have good genes, who knows. That was the crazy thing with COVID it was unpredictable. I saw many cases where one person in a family got it and the rest didnt. We had several friends and acquaintances that either spent time in the hospital or died as a result of COVID infections. DW is immune deficient which necessitated 4 shots and she still caught COVID 3 times. I had 3 shots and caught COVID once. With both of us they were relatively mild and gone quickly. So the vaccine didn't prevent it, but based on experiences of friends and neighbors, I believe it prevented it from becoming serious.

Being Asthmatic I was wearing masks prior to COVID. I don't gain immunity to fungal spores, pollen etc., floating in the air. I have to be careful that exposure doesn't throw me into an Asthma attack and a life threatening trip to the ER.

While I respect individual rights, as responsible, caring humans we also have a responsibility to our fellow man to be sure "our" rights don't diminish the rights of others. The COVID Pandemic was unlike anything I've been through in my lifetime, that was made worse by all the confusion surrounding the prevention, care and treatment. There was no clear direction on what to do, and only time will reveal if the ones who took the shots made the right decision.

As Covid/vaccines/masking were/are sensitive issues for many, I just want to add a friendly reminder to all members to keep posts in the Coffee house and the other public forums non political. There are members only forums where you may opine as much as you like.

Thanks for your cooperation!

My daughter worked as a traveling nurse during the surges. The last surge she worked was at her home hospital. At that hospital she worked in one of the ICU units that was set up dormitory style with 20+ beds and vents. They had to wear gear from head to toe that was very hot while wearing a heavy air supply on the back of their heads. Neck pain by the end of shift and face gear embedded in her face. To take a break for a drink or bathroom they had to disrobe in the decontamination room and then repeat the process to go back in the unit. Some 13 hour days had maybe one break. Can't leave when a few vents are going off with codes. The hardest part wasn't the gear although that was almost unbearable at times. It was seeing otherwise healthy people in their 30s, 40s and 50s with young children or teens at home. Sometimes both parents as patients.

Police were in the parking lot when their shifts ended and the medical staff wore street clothes to blend in. Families would harass them wanting to give the patients home remedies or accuse the nurses of much worse.

We have extended uber religious family. We had to block them on social media. They didn't believe what she was telling them her experience. They are into home remedies and no medicine. They thought the devil's serpent was in the vaccine. One sent me a video on the subject.

My daughter and other medical staff ended the pandemic with forms of PTSD because of what they witnessed. She took a semester off from her masters studies, but continued to work. She is now a NP with a cardiac group.

Her and other medical staff treated all patients with the best of care. It didn't matter to them if the patient was vaxed or not, masked or not, or what they believed. They served with the upmost dignity and compassion.

@CherylL as noted earlier, it was an event I've not experienced in my 72 years on earth and not one I want to experience again. I can vaguely remember the Polio scare and Bird Flu of the 50's, the Measles in the 80's (remember the measles parties where you took kids to get infected:distrust:), Swine flu in 09 (I had it bad for two weeks), Whooping Cough in 2010/2014, HIV and Aids in the 80's (Extremely thankful I was married and not in the dating scene LOL). Just the normal mutations are bad enough, but man meddling in things they shouldn't, creating super bugs that will one day wipe out the human race, that's what scares me.

In other news, we're in the random afternoon storm mode for the next several days, cooling off for the weekend, then a reprieve for a few days of sunny skies.

Most reactions

Back