The Coffee House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by snowbear, Nov 1, 2014.

1. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's a bummer Charlie. Why can't these peeps scratch a car when it's old, I hate the first scratch/ding on a new car...

I'm getting loopy. My parents' house already has a sale pending, but we can't get away from just one more thing... in the auction that's scheduled I saw in the pictures an old record player that only plays 45s and some big band records (which were apparently buried in the basement). So sure, I can get those, but then they called back and there are 3 boxes in the kitchen of personal stuff. Arghhh... what else can it be??!!! I thought we got all that kind of stuff..... :miserable: I'm taking along garbage bags and hopefully it can go in the trash for pickup. I thought we were done but it's a variation of the Groundhog Day movie..... :icon_crazy:

2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I feel for you @vintagesnaps, when we cleaned out my parents house (a big 2 story farmhouse with full basement), and the remainder of what was in the barns, we brought back a semi trailer stuffed full, plus had a huge auction, that lasted all day. The stuff that came back sat in the warehouse packed away in big wooden storage crates. We'd unpack one every so often, sort the things we wanted to keep, sell what we didn't, and throw away the rest, finally got rid of the last one after 10 years. LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. snowbear

snowbear fuzzy-wuzzy Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    We got a real good cantaloupe from Delmarva last weekend. Tomorrow we're heading to Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

• Like Like x 2
  4. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Where ya headed?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. snowbear

Photos OK to edit
    We want to check out Kauffman's at Bird in Hand.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A barn! oh Smoke, thank goodness they're in the 'burbs and there's no barn!! They do have a big two story. And they took stuff! and so did we!! If stuff doesn't sell I was thinking today we could go in with wheelbarrows, no, a snowplow! lol

I did end up with - tintypes!! I have to show them to my dad, other pictures I recognize but I don't know who these people are! lol

Sounds fun Charlie! Just looked it up, they have online shopping! I like places like that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nice! That's such a cute area with lots of great little places. I was just down that way last week.

If I remember correctly, on the same road about 1-1.5 miles west, there's also a Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market, which I visited probably 2 years ago. Cute place and good food. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    That was "barns", plural as in 3 to be exact. Fortunately they were mostly empty as we'd already had big equipment auction a couple years prior. The basement was the depository for the remainder of items from my grandmother's and great aunt's house, so there was a mess to deal with. Being 7 hrs away didn't help matters. To be honest a lot of what we brought back we shouldn't have, but those things we couldnt decide on and the boxes of pictures, mementos, etc. that would have eaten up our time went on the truck, for sorting through later.

9. snowbear

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks - we'll check it out. It's been a while since I was in that area.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Last time we were in that area there was a “microburst” that was terrifying. I still think it was a tornado ! Scariest 10 minutes of my life - parked on the highway while it passsed over us, couldn’t see the car that was just 2 ft in front, was just about to have the kids get down on the floor of the car when it started to let up. Enjoyed the sights there after that but have had a new respect for the weather ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  11. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Happy Saturday y'all. I don't like it because it hurts my check. But my Sister loves that I get a day off. Finished the joiner floor in the Frankenstick fuselage. Glued the tail feathers into place. Going to see about wing mounting and cutting a hatch or two.
    No big plans for the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

12. snowbear

Photos OK to edit

Getting close to home; the trip was nice, except for spots of heavy traffic. We got some peaches, tomatoes, jam and honey. We took a side trip to Hershey. I love that the air smells like chocolate.

• Like Like x 3