What's new

The Coffee House

one very ticked off baby.....lol

View attachment 89042

I'd be ticked off if I had to do a photo shoot ;)

I got out of the house around 10:45, had brunch with Buzz, then we went for a walk. I'm about to throw some ingredients into the crock pot for next week's meals. Sweet potatoes and french lentils, some fire roasted tomatoes (canned, but still good), and lots o' spices.
 
Lenny. What are French lentils. Guess I could google it. Have only had lentils with a bay leaf, and some orange jest. Ed
 
Ed, they're just another variety of lentils. They're very dark green. There are slight differences according to this side: How Do French Lentils Differ from Regular Ones? - Cooking Tips - Food News

Better able to retain their shape, slightly different taste. I haven't tried them before so I'm seeing how I like them.

I never thought of adding orange! I am definitely going to try that. I sometimes like adding a dollop of yogurt or some shaved goat cheese over lentils, or also a drizzle of truffle oil.
 
I took a picture on my phone for you too :)

20141109_165128.webp
 
You yanks sure do eat funny! I just open a can of vienna sausages and some crackers, with a cup of hot joe!

:boogie:

...........
 
You yanks sure do eat funny! I just open a can of vienna sausages and some crackers, with a cup of hot joe!

:boogie:

...........

No WONDER you are up until all hours of the night! :allteeth:
 
No WONDER you are up until all hours of the night! :allteeth:
Oh, I'm right proud of the progress I'm making! For 15 years I worked nights and slept days. It's been 6 months now, and I'm almost on a regular, normal-person schedule! I do my best to be asleep by midnight, and to get myself up at 8am. Some nights I do regress, but no later than 2am if I'm lucky. Then I might sleep in until 10am or so. However, I started setting an alarm last week (haven't used one in 20 years!), 8am with Enter Sandman by Metallica to screech me awake. The last 3 days I'm asleep by midnight and up at 8am!! I'll get there!!!
 
You'll get there. Hey, if I can do it, so can you! :) I don't even have a long history of working nights as a reason - I am just a hard core night owl. But for the past 2 months (maybe more?) I have been getting to bed by midnight at the latest and out of bed at 7:30 every morning. Even if I don't have to work. Never thought it would be possible to be that consistent.
 
I sat down at my desk to check a quick thing on the internet and then go get my film started, but as soon as I sat down, Zelda climbed into my lap and she's all curled up, purring her fool head off. I can't bear to disturb her. So now I'm "stuck" here until I decide that I have to get other things done. I'll give myself another little while before I decide that "getting things done" means something other than "pet the sleepy purring kitty on my lap." :icon_cat:

004_givemefivebro_cat_gifs.gif
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #731
You're trapped beneath a kitty!
 
And I can't get up! :D

Meh, there are worse things.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #733
Yes there are, and some of them lurk around here. ;)
 
Well, she has just decided that she had an urgent appointment in the other room and went darting off. So now I get to do stuff, yay! :icon_cheers:

Except...no more soft purring kitty, booo :(

Well, she'll be back another time. I'm sure at some point this week, at the moment I realize how much I need to eat or use the bathroom, she will curl up on my lap.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #735
My two were on the desk earlier. They got into a bit of a tizzy and one knocked a jar/container of paper and binder clips onto the floor. I tossed (figuratively) both of them out of the room.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom