The Coffee House

Hey, Gary, my boyfriend just got a Fuji XE-1. We were looking at the pictures last night, comparing them to those taken with the Pentax K5 he got. You were right - I'll be happier with the Fuji. The K5 might be more intuitive for me to use, but when it comes to the final image, I definitely prefer the Fuji.

Edit: There wasn't anything wrong with the Pentax pictures. They are quite nice and it's a great camera. But my preferences run towards a look that the Fuji can capture better than a DSLR can.
Good for him. The AF on the 1st generation E1 sucks. It is terrible for non-stationary subjects and in low light. Fuji has been issuing firmware upgrades on a regular bases that actually improves the AF. The EVF in low light gets all smeary, not much you can do about that. In low light move the three position lever on the front of the camera to 'M' and focus with the AFL button. That reduces the smearing.

Tell him congrats! The E1 and the X-Trans sensor makes a very nice little, rangefinderesque package. PhotoNinja, Capture One, Lightroom and Aperture all do a pretty good job with the X-trans RAW images. If you want free look into LightZone.

Tio

He bought just the body and is using it with legacy lenses (the ones he uses with his Canon P, so mostly Canon but he's also got a nice Voightlander...can't remember the focal length on that one) so he's manually focusing. The camera does have peak focusing which he is getting used to and says helps a lot. I won't be getting one for a while - have to save up for a bit - but when I do, I'll likely use my Pentax lenses on it, at least at first.

Greetings, folks. Finally back from Illinois and man am I exhausted.

hey guys. just reading..posted a article I found from 97 just now.

interesting, how do they keep the digital manipulation photos out of the news?

There is a hard line that all reporters and photographers are painfully aware. That line is called accuracy. If you intentionally cross that line, for whatever reason ... you are gone, fired ... and the news organization will run the story of your transgression which will be picked up by other news organizations and you are instantly blackballed from ever working news again.

News is self-regulating. Typically, when someone crosses the line, when someone is fired for crossing the line of accuracy ... It is never pretty.

News, contrary to popular opinion, (usually by those who don't know the differenced between talk radio, blogging and news), bends over backwards to assure accuracy. Accuracy is the most important aspect for any legit news organization. Whenever a reporter/photog maliciously compromises the accuracy reputation of a news organization ... that person is gone, the news organization will self-report the problem and the corrective measures taken.

You should get the X-Pro 1 body. It is built like a Nikon F, (ala a tank). It has both a optical and electronic viewfinder.

There is a hard line that all reporters and photographers are painfully aware. That line is called accuracy. If you intentionally cross that line, for whatever reason ... you are gone, fired ... and the news organization will run the story of your transgression which will be picked up by other news organizations and you are instantly blackballed from working news again.

News is self-regulating. Typically, when someone crosses the line, when someone is fired for crossing the line of accuracy ... It is never pretty.

News, contrary to popular opinion, usually by those who don't know the differenced between talk radio, blogging and news, bend over backwards to assure accuracy. Accuracy is the most important aspect for any legit news organization. Whenever a reporter/photog maliciously compromises the accuracy reputation of a news organization ... that person is gone, the news organization will self-report the problem and the corrective measures taken.
thank you for the explanation. I was wondering that. Did you read the article? It is in the photographic discussion section. Thanks again for the inside view.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back