What's new

The Coffee House

I'm mostly a stay at home dad. I work when the wife's home. I don't get days off.... unless someone takes the kid like today. YAY
 
Vodka would be nice right about now.

Good afternoon, folks! It's 60 degrees today and humid. The air feels kinda gross even inside. I want my November temperatures back!
 
I don't have any vodka. Some very good Tequila and Whiskies are available ... and of course a nice selections of vino. Come on by.
 
I've got lots of vodka. I'm a beer drinker, so vodka and I don't generally mingle much. You're welcome to it.
 
It was 61 here today with a nice north breeze. Walked about 3 miles............ I'm out of shape again after last surgery!
 
No one is drinking any coffee this morning? It's finally waking me up. Cooling off here and supposed to be rather unpleasant tomorrow - rain turning to snow - will do my best to stay out of my car.
 
I'm drinking my coffee but will have to run soon. I go to the cat shelter on Tuesday mornings. Then I'll probably run to school to do a few things just in case it snows tomorrow. It's tricky - I have my admin job during the day and I teach at 6pm. It's not supposed to snow until later so there's more of a chance that they'll cancel night classes (especially the night before T'giving!) than during the day, so if it looks like we'll be cancelled, I'd rather just not go in at all. But that means that a few of the things I needed to do tomorrow need to get done today.
 
The project that I've been working on for the last week is nearly finished. I will paint it today and get it out of the garage so I can move on to other things.

I have to go to the grocery store for our feast meal, and try to find my recipe for cranberry compote. This year my son wants two; the usual sweet version and a savory version. I will have to invent the savory version as I've not done one of those ever.

Yesterday I picked up the heirloom turkey from my DIL's parent's house, and started the thawing.

Oh, and I have to vacuum up the dog hair.
 
..just came back from a child's birthday... feel free to judge me but I don't like those... I also don't like to small talk with other mothers who are just talking about children

yes, I'm a bad person

Don't be ridiculous. You're not "a bad person" just because you don't like children's birthday parties.
As W.C. Fields remarked, "Anyone who hates dogs and children can't be all bad." Disclosure: I love dogs.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. 52F right now, going up to 80F. The coffee is hot and warming. I was in my camera store yesterday. The shopkeep spoke of declining sales. The only thing selling right now are the A7's he says. Everybody is shelling out discounts, even Leica is discounting their lenses.
 
A nice warm mocha is great on a cold night like tonight. Then a beer because reasons.

Leica is discounting stuff? What the hell... Not exactly something they're known to do...
 
There had better be a snow day tomorrow because I am ex.haus.ted. tonight. 2.5 hours with the kitties, home for a quick shower and bowl of soup, errands all afternoon, meeting with Buzz and another friend for a quick beer, then dinner, then putting snow tires on my car, then grocery shopping. Home now. Rapidly approaching a zombie-like state.
 
discounts are go. i like discounts.
 
There had better be a snow day tomorrow because I am ex.haus.ted. tonight. 2.5 hours with the kitties, home for a quick shower and bowl of soup, errands all afternoon, meeting with Buzz and another friend for a quick beer, then dinner, then putting snow tires on my car, then grocery shopping. Home now. Rapidly approaching a zombie-like state.
the weather guessers have us down for 8-10 or so inches of snow tomorrow afternoon into night. Doesn't really phase me either way suppose..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom