The Coffee House

Our weather has been pleasant temp-wise, but very humid. Low 80s - mid 70s during the day and dropping into low 70s upper 60s at night. The humidity and mosquitos are making outdoors a challenge.

Leo - or anyone who may have any interest in New Wave, alt rock... I just heard The Smiths, which reminded me I was going to post.

Radio station that used to be in a local college town always did their Modern Rock 500 on Memorial Day weekend. People may remember having heard of it in the movie 'Rain Man'. It was playing in a scene in the car, the station was 97X, and the catchphrase was 'The Future of Rock 'n Roll' - Dustin Hoffman's character I think added the 'Bam!'.

And the DJ was just now talking about it...

It's on a local station called Inhailer Radio (HD .3 of a local classical station), and available online Inhailer Radio | Listen | Cincinnati Independent Radio | Indie Music . Runs thru about 10 pm tonight, and 9 am til maybe 7pm Monday.

Last edited:
Leo, just up was The Smiths 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out'. You know, there are a lot of songs that I never paid attention to the lyrics...

And a lot that I know the song but don't know who recorded it, or the name of it... But this modern rock countdown has been a trip down memory lane. And apparently it will be on the Inhailer Radio website after this weekend.

This and plenty of hockey and lacrosse this weekend to watch!

Leo - or anyone who may have any interest in New Wave, alt rock... I just heard The Smiths, which reminded me I was going to post.

Radio station that used to be in a local college town always did their Modern Rock 500 on Memorial Day weekend. People may remember having heard of it in the movie 'Rain Man'. It was playing in a scene in the car, the station was 97X, and the catchphrase was 'The Future of Rock 'n Roll' - Dustin Hoffman's character I think added the 'Bam!'.

And the DJ was just now talking about it...

It's on a local station called Inhailer Radio (HD .3 of a local classical station), and available online Inhailer Radio | Listen | Cincinnati Independent Radio | Indie Music . Runs thru about 10 pm tonight, and 9 am til maybe 7pm Monday.

Once upon a time I was a DJ for a small college radio station in NW PA, and my show was a mix of New Wave and "Classic" Rock. What a time that was!

Have this week off for Maycation/staycation. Saturday and Sunday did all my garden chores and projects then dinner with friends. Yesterday was all about the backyard. Set up the pool and changed the sand in the filter. while it was filling we got all the summer stuff out of the shed, put up the new screen house, washed all the chairs, tables and umbrellas… it was exhausting. Ordered take out Chinese for dinner since we were too tired to bbq lol. But now it is all done and I can sit back on the deck and just enjoy the summer.

We head out tomorrow on our trip to Dana Point. My youngest decided not to go, so he's watching the dogs and the house. We are stopping at Sedona and the Grand Canyon on the way, and then coming back with the grandkids and visiting different places on the way back. First time in a long time my dear spouse and I are taking a vacation together, because we have someone dependable to watch the house.

We head out tomorrow on our trip to Dana Point. My youngest decided not to go, so he's watching the dogs and the house. We are stopping at Sedona and the Grand Canyon on the way, and then coming back with the grandkids and visiting different places on the way back. First time in a long time my dear spouse and I are taking a vacation together, because we have someone dependable to watch the house.
That sounds like an awesome trip! I love Red Rock country. Hope you all have a blast - I expect to see lots of pictures!! :)

Have this week off for Maycation/staycation. Saturday and Sunday did all my garden chores and projects then dinner with friends. Yesterday was all about the backyard. Set up the pool and changed the sand in the filter. while it was filling we got all the summer stuff out of the shed, put up the new screen house, washed all the chairs, tables and umbrellas… it was exhausting. Ordered take out Chinese for dinner since we were too tired to bbq lol. But now it is all done and I can sit back on the deck and just enjoy the summer.
Sounds exhausting, but totally worth it! It's your official summer setup. A lot of initial work, but then it's there for the duration of the season.

We used to do a similar thing when living in Georgia - getting the screened in porch cleaned up/screens washed, the open deck cleaned (and often in need of re-staining) was a PITA, but once I had all my annuals in the pots and we could settle in, it was worth the effort. I called it getting the Summer Living Room ready. :lol: I miss very little about that house, but that porch was fantastic. :)

Enjoy the vaca Jeff! Sounds amazing. I have been to Sedona many years ago and it was so pretty. We did a hot air balloon ride over the Red Rock Mountains and I learned that road runners are real!

I'm taking my camera and my Tamron 18-400mm lens, to keep things light and manageable. I figure 18-400 covers a good range for the various things I might encounter.

We had a full weekend. Saturday at dawn on the river fishing (not much activity), follwed by maintenance on 5th wheel. Sunday early Church with Lil'Bit followed by lunch at Arby's, then home for games and afternoon fun with her. After her Mom picked her up, hurry up trip to the lake, where I made messy Smash Burger tacos, finished the evening on the deck watching the sun go down over the water. Monday fishing, but the wind was bad, blowing up white caps, came in spent the day staining on deck. Yesterday up at dawn, out on the water, had a great morning catching slab Crappie. Loaded up, came home mid afternoon and crashed.

Today is Physical Therapy followed by racking the 5 gallon batch of Fig Wine I started last week into the secondary fermenter. Then get eady to head out on a short road trip this weekend in the RV. After that, I'm taking a few days break.

We had a full weekend. Saturday at dawn on the river fishing (not much activity), follwed by maintenance on 5th wheel. Sunday early Church with Lil'Bit followed by lunch at Arby's, then home for games and afternoon fun with her. After her Mom picked her up, hurry up trip to the lake, where I made messy Smash Burger tacos, finished the evening on the deck watching the sun go down over the water. Monday fishing, but the wind was bad, blowing up white caps, came in spent the day staining on deck. Yesterday up at dawn, out on the water, had a great morning catching slab Crappie. Loaded up, came home mid afternoon and crashed.

Today is Physical Therapy followed by racking the 5 gallon batch of Fig Wine I started last week into the secondary fermenter. Then get eady to head out on a short road trip this weekend in the RV. After that, I'm taking a few days break.
Your relaxing weekend sounds like it got exhausting! :lol: But it's good knock out chores like getting the deck stained early in summer.

Here's hoping the next "break" is more relaxing!

Meh! My lens decided to stop communicating with the camera body. Because Universe is cruel. iPhone pix from here on out, I guess. Cleaning the contacts didn’t help. 😕

For about a half year now I have been mainly using my Lumix GF3 along with my Xperia 10 iii. The point of the GF3 is that it is just about worthless, so I am trying to make it die. It won't. Geez. :)

For about a half year now I have been mainly using my Lumix GF3 along with my Xperia 10 iii. The point of the GF3 is that it is just about worthless, so I am trying to make it die. It won't. Geez. :)
After fiddling with the lens and camera, I got it to work while we were in Sedona. Beautiful place!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back