The Dacora Dignette

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...a pleasant to carry and use late 50's viewfinder.

IMGP4050es.jpg

The f2.8 lens is plenty fast enough, 45mm bit tricky to focus, luckily had a rangefinder clip on.
IMGP4054es.jpg

There were a choice of shutters, this one strangely had B, 25, 50, then jumped to 1/200sec. The shutter release on the front did as the user manual pointed out make for less chance of camera movement. Here's what it did on a showery September day - HP5 D76 1:1

DD-1-005es.jpg

DD-1-003es.jpg

DD-1-008es.jpg

DD-1-012es.jpg

....and some shots around the ruins of an early 20th century coal mine.

DD-1-015es.jpg

DD-1-016es.jpg

DD-1-021es.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP4049es.jpg
    IMGP4049es.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 112
Amazing what a good quality triplet lens in the right hands can do.

HP - 5 and Kodak's venerable D- 76 film developer has long been a good combination, and your pictures show how beautiful it can look.

HP - 5 and Kodak's venerable D- 76 film developer has long been a good combination, and your pictures show how beautiful it can look.

Thanks Derrel. Favorite combo used to be Tri X in Microdol X. For some reason Tri X became scarce here in the 90's, TMax always came out too muddy grey for me. D76 seems ok if it is fresh.

Looks like a very capable camera.........
Yes, would have been happy to have this one back then. Think late 50's were my Starflash days. Just found a similar vintage Olympus Wide S a week ago. Needs work but looks promising...

Released as the third version of the Ilford Sportsman in very late 1959, also sold as the Ferrania Lince, I have the next version released in 1960.

Dacora's were also re-badged as Certex in Spain and AMC in the US.

Ian

Most reactions

Back