the dam

D40Kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so im new to the whole photography thing, so any suggestions let me know...> anyways here is a shot of a damn near where i live...> hope you like it!! :thumbup:

11-1.jpg

added saturation to the photo...>

First, what's that on the right side of the photo?
The composition as potential I think! Did you used a tripod?

If not try to use one and decrease the exposure and increase the aperture. That was you'll have more "haulage"(?) in the water.

(I don't know if haulage is the right translation.. What I wanna say is that the water will look more like velvet..?) Sorry =X

First, what's that on the right side of the photo?
The composition as potential I think! Did you used a tripod?

If not try to use one and decrease the exposure and increase the aperture. That was you'll have more "haulage"(?) in the water.

(I don't know if haulage is the right translation.. What I wanna say is that the water will look more like velvet..?) Sorry =X

on the right side of the photo? i think your talking about the dam wall itself its not lined up properly for some odd reason? but yea i did use a tripod...> i'll try an decrease the exsposure a lil more an see what i get the next time thanks for your input.. =)

actually i look at the pic again an i actually shot this through a railing it was kinda tight i shoulda cropped it out a lil better sorry...>

Keep taking photographs of things you like........... but take them from different positions for different composition..

The water affect is fine, and I think that this is what you are going for.. But, to me, the photo doesn't really have a point of interest, nor is there really a subject that jumps out...

It seems a bit soft overall to me.........:D

That is a photo of the Croton Dam. Is that from this past spring or earlier?

That is a photo of the Croton Dam. Is that from this past spring or earlier?

yes it actually is lol i took this last fall...> you from around that area?

Keep taking photographs of things you like........... but take them from different positions for different composition..

The water affect is fine, and I think that this is what you are going for.. But, to me, the photo doesn't really have a point of interest, nor is there really a subject that jumps out...

It seems a bit soft overall to me.........:D

thanks for the input....> :mrgreen:

D40
I live in lower Westchester.
I have visited the Croton Dam several times.

nice, yea i go there once in awhile..

Dam.. thats sweet!

That looks like a dam I've seen before. Where in NY is it, I'm from Batavia (right between buffalo and rochester). I wanna say it reminds me of Lake Alice, but I don't think thats right. I know I've seen it before though!!!!

Most reactions

Back