The Death of a Soccer Player

Zcarp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
May, a girl at my high school died. Her name was Jenna Gleixner. She was a junior. A very good student, varsity soccer, basket ball, and a very nice person. Her mom taught at her school. She was my math teacher. Saturday Jenna was hit head on. She was cut off and tried to avoid the car. It wasn't her part and she wasn't drunk or high. There was three other girl with her. One other died. The Monday after we had a soccer game. We won three to zero. Afterward, the team laid flowers to pay their respects. These are the pictures I took.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

:( that's heavy. Such young lives...it's hard to grasp.
My condolences and thanx for sharing the pics. It's good to see people can find comfort in their friends.

pascal

:( that's heavy. Such young lives...it's hard to grasp.
My condolences and thanx for sharing the pics. It's good to see people can find comfort in their friends. pascal

I am the photographer around school. Everyone knows me as the fun loving camera guy with curly hair. I always have a camera/tripod. When this happened, news was all over it. The team was angry that they were trying to take pictures. Morally I felt wrong also, but they said they would allow me. Because they trusted me.

What do you think of the images?

well, the pictures move me because I know what happened (you told me) so I see the grieve and the tears.
If you're asking me if I think the pictures are good technically (if they're photojournalistic), the answer is 'not really'. They look snapshottish, but I can imagine you had to keep your distance. I can elaborate on my comment, but I'm not sure it that's what you're asking.

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back