The DSLR is obsolete? Oh.

IMO, the whole DSLR vs. mirrorless debate is pointless. There is no better or worse camera type. Everyone should just choose the one fitting his needs the best.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

The reason why people believe DSLRs are on the way out is because mirrorless keep selling, while DSLRs are on a slow decline.

Why ? Because if you have a decently current camera, you're all set. A D700 for example is still a great camera and 12 Megapixel are still plenty of resolution. Heck, even a Canon 5D still can do just as good images as back when it was released.

That's what my thoughts are. DSLRs are so good today that there really isn't any reason to upgrade until there is something that significantly helps you to achieve better pictures.

I dunno
DSLR-vs-Mirrorless-Sales.jpg

State of the Camera Industry Report: Are Canon/Nikon dying?

The last several months looks like both Mirrorless and DSLR sales are dropping. Plus the chart is "shipped", not "sold". So some previously shipped cameras may be sitting on shelves.

I think the hand held camera alone is dying, and cell phones are taking over.
Just look at the rumors of of the death of Samsung and Sony mirrorless cameras.

I'll buy a high end mirrorless when the viewfinder is instantaneous and AF fps is true to their statements. extended batter life, good grip, high IQ lenses, etc. Hey, my mirrorless might be the same size as a d4. Oh, and I want it to fit in my pocket even with a prime 300/4 lens attached to it.

I dunno
DSLR-vs-Mirrorless-Sales.jpg

State of the Camera Industry Report: Are Canon/Nikon dying?

The last several months looks like both Mirrorless and DSLR sales are dropping. Plus the chart is "shipped", not "sold". So some previously shipped cameras may be sitting on shelves.

I think the hand held camera alone is dying, and cell phones are taking over.
Just look at the rumors of of the death of Samsung and Sony mirrorless cameras.

I'll buy a high end mirrorless when the viewfinder is instantaneous and AF fps is true to their statements. extended batter life, good grip, high IQ lenses, etc. Hey, my mirrorless might be the same size as a d4. Oh, and I want it to fit in my pocket even with a prime 300/4 lens attached to it.
I would have given you a like and an agree, but I could only choose one. Even a Chinese takeout has more choices than this forum. :allteeth:

I have actually met a few Facebook friends,almost all of them have switched from shooting with Phones to DSLR and not a one had a mirrorless anything.One lady went from a phone to a Canon 5DIII and the others Mostly Nikon entry level and few Canon Entry level. DSLR are not even close to Being Obsolete.

Personally I like to have a camera that my hand fits well,no pinky dangle or tiny little buttons that needs a finger nail to press and IMO it just don't make sense having a 8 ounce body with a few pounds of glass hanging off the front. My tarmac Expedition back pack weights more then a mirrorless body.Just sayin.

Last edited:
dslr is done stick a fork in it. camera fits in your pocket, carries your calendar, can play videos and songs and make phone calls? And its still fine for 99 percent of the photos people take and in some cases might even come out better? They can automatically upload really? Might even be waterproof drop it in the pool? so whats the dslr for shooting weddings in lowlight and taking photos of the moon? so that means 1 percent of photographers need a dslr? And out of that 1 percent 99 percent of them wont have it with the the majority of the time? sounds about right. IT was a enthusiasts phase that has ran its course of the photography "bubble" over the last decade expect all sales to slip both dslr and mirrorless the professional market demanding them has probably accounted for just a fraction of the actual camera market and everyone else is moving on.

I have actually met a few Facebook friends,almost all of them have switched from shooting with Phones to DSLR and not a one had a mirrorless anything.One lady went from a phone to a Canon 5DIII and the others Mostly Nikon entry level and few Canon Entry level. DSLR are not even close to Being Obsolete.

Personally I like to have a camera that my hand fits well,no pinky dangle or tiny little buttons that needs a finger nail to press and IMO it just don't make sense having a 8 ounce body with a few pounds of glass hanging off the front. My tarmac Expedition back pack weights more then a mirrorless body.Just sayin.

Same here, I get a ton of questions when I post on facebook about what DSLR I use, what I recommend, etc, etc. I also see a lot of posts from people talking about getting their first DSLR, how they are so much happier with it than they were with their cell phone camera, etc.

If you say so. Funny thing though, when I sold my D7100 on Ebay it had 35 watchers and sold in less than an hour, for over $600.

Last lens I bid on had over 40 bids on it before I finally won the auction. I don't see much of anything in the DSLR realm selling at rock bottom, give away prices.. which, I mean you think it would if the DSLR were truly yesterday's news and all anybody wanted now was a cell phone camera. Nope, seems like there are still a ton of folks out there who are interested in purchasing DSLR's, lenses and such for them.

I guess the actual public hasn't gotten the memo yet.. or something. I still get daily questions from people on facebook asking me about DSLR's.. and everyone of them already has a cell phone with a built in camera. It's just ... bizarre I guess.

Same here, I get a ton of questions when I post on facebook about what DSLR I use, what I recommend, etc, etc. I also see a lot of posts from people talking about getting their first DSLR, how they are so much happier with it than they were with their cell phone camera, etc.
Yeah, but do you deliver Steaks ?
:048:

I used too, but I had to quit the business. I'd wrap them around hand grenades and pull the pin, toss them in - the shrapnel would tenderize the meat perfectly and the explosion would give it a really tasty charred flavor.

Sadly though apparently at least in the Omaha area there's this really fine line between "catering" and "terrorist attack"... so ya, had to give it up.

I used too, but I had to quit the business. I'd wrap them around hand grenades and pull the pin, toss them in - the shrapnel would tenderize the meat perfectly and the explosion would give it a really tasty charred flavor.

Sadly though apparently at least in the Omaha area there's this really fine line between "catering" and "terrorist attack"... so ya, had to give it up.
bummer. I was going to stop by and see if you can help me with my d810
The film canister keeps falling out the bottom.
stupid DSLRs :)

I got that new iPhone. Its mirrorless and takes the very best pictures ever. ROFL I do want a good mirrorless though. A good tool for a certain task and sure won't replace a 1D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back