What's new

The Elf

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A sculpture by Sir William Goscombe John, found at the botanic gardens at the weekend. I can't make my mind up on it, it's had a couple of faves on deviantart (which doesn't say much frankly) but I can't decide if it's good or just ok. It's a great piece and I love her expression but I dunno. Some honest gut reactions would be appreciated.

The_Elf_by_Resin42.jpg
 
I think this is a great shot. However, the sculpture itself is kinda creepy. Very nice tone. I can't see anything to nitpick.
 
that is a good one..
 
I like it, but it seems slightly soft? And also I think it would be nicer if the background above her head wasn't blown out, but I'm sure it was unavoidable.
 
Cheers guys, it is kinda creepy but I really like that about it.

I like it, but it seems slightly soft? And also I think it would be nicer if the background above her head wasn't blown out, but I'm sure it was unavoidable.

Fair points Marcus, noise removal I suspect. I did sharpen but in retrospect it could've taken a little more. The highlights weren't so harsh in the original but to get the contrast right it seemed like a price worth paying.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom