The feral cat

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This cat has been hanging out around here all winter & we put out table scraps for it & the possums & coons. It will now approach me if I have food but it is dangerous for me to set it down as he tries to grab it & has clawed me a few times.

$P4150006.jpg

Here is one of the coons.
$P4150002-2.jpg

That is quite the expression in #1!

Looks like he/she/it is reverting to its bobcat ancestry...

Kitteh!

Was kitteh blinking or was he droop-eyed like the pix? 'Cause if he's showing you the slit eyes, that is kitteh affection, he likes you...

Nice shots. The kitty may be warming up to you to pose. The guy down the street feeds a few ferals & the racoons. It is funny to see the mix eating together in his driveway.

That cat wigs me out....sheesh. Watch out for those claws!

The kitty is just scared, and being cautious. If he ever did decide to let his guard down and trust you, he'd probably be your best friend. He has the markings that show a little Bengal in him; the upside-down V's over the eyes are very distinctive. He really looks gorgeous.

I hope you continue to offer food and even hang around a bit, talking to him while he eats (from a safe distance so he won't feel threatened over losing the food). You're doing a good deed, and whether he shows it or not I'm sure he's starving for some companionship, too. :heart: Cats generally are very sociable creatures.

Don't let my avatar fool you; major cat-lover here. ;) The O-dog here loves his cat brother and sister, too.

Most reactions

Back