The Flutist

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was a really nice sunny day here in Toronto, and after an errand downtown, I went for a walk into the chinatown district. I thought what a great place to try some street photography. After 10 shots, I gave up.:lol: It was way too crowded.
I heard the sound of a flute near by and found this guy playing. The sound of the flute amongst the people was amazing to hear, so I stopped and listened to a few melodies. The more I watched, I seemed to learn about this guy. It was not till the third song I noticed he was blind. I looked at his chapped hands, and his weathered skin. The crowds walked by, some tossing a few coins in his case, othesr justcarrying on as if he never existed.
I stayed for a couple more songs, gave him a $5.00 bill and went on my way also.

166_6672aa.jpg

nice capture Carl!

from the looks of him a tune from Tull comes to mind. :)

Wow man, this is awesome, great capture! The B&W works well here

thats just an awesome shot... i think i just dig street stuff...

really cool shot, and very kind of you to give him some money....

kinda funny, he is by a door that says welcome... that is ironic...

Chiller.....is that Sean Connery? Sure looks as if it could be.

That's just an amazing shot. I do like your b/w they always are so dramatic that color would only make them seem sureal.

What kind of flute is that? It looks self made.:confused:

Leave it to April to find the "welcome" sign....she's always on top of everything.:sexywink:

Nice potrait in B&W. Like the player being framed by the window bars and the flute.

awesome shot my friend!
nicely composed and i love the bw...
thanks fo sharing :D

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I appreciate it.

JonMikal... He does have that Jethro tull look eh? I think the flute is hand made too.
Rashadan....I never noticed that. Pretty ironic.
Thanks again everyone.

Street photography - people, that is still something I must try to capture more.
I like the crop and frame. Fits his photo perfectly. And the black and white is a good choice, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back