The food and drink thread

You need Soflaqer's sauce. A member of a meat smoking forum I'm on shared his recipe. I really like it. But....it's on my PC. Should be home Sunday.

My son made this for Father's day. He saw this online and wanted to try it. Picked up a 4.5 Lbs. corned beef brisket. (Point) Almost like a faux pastrami. Melt in your mouth stupid good.

If you're looking for something different, give it a try. Chill it down, slice it thin and it would make an awesome Sammy.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20210619_203222.jpg
    Resized_Resized_20210619_203222.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 83
Got the tri tips going. The larger one has a little marinade and the smaller has some Kinders steak blend.

Attachments

• Resized95Resized952021062695112558.jpg
    Resized95Resized952021062695112558.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Resized95Resized952021062695112454.jpg
    Resized95Resized952021062695112454.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 76
I made a two loaves of bread, one cinnamon bread, and the other white bread. The single slice of white bread on top is all that is left of that loaf. Also made cinnamon butter. Crumbs courtesy of the kids...
UNq6WyF.jpg

My son made this for Father's day. He saw this online and wanted to try it. Picked up a 4.5 Lbs. corned beef brisket. (Point) Almost like a faux pastrami. Melt in your mouth stupid good.

If you're looking for something different, give it a try. Chill it down, slice it thin and it would make an awesome Sammy.

That looks excellent, the corned beef we get in the UK is different, it's normally reconstituted. I'll need to try that out sometime!

Keeping it simple tonight. One kid is at work and the wife is playing videos games. One day I will learn how to make it all fancy like you guys do.
D44AwCi.jpg

rMolkjQ.jpg

Sorry folks, kinda ate too much and went into a food coma. Lol.

Turned out awesome. Everyone loved it. Beans, jalapeño poppers and a macaroni salad. Couple quick cell shots before digging in.

Attachments

• 20210626_180042.jpg
    20210626_180042.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
  • 20210626_181440.jpg
    20210626_181440.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
That'd be awesome Ray, I'd love to try it! thanks
Most of the time a tomato based BBQ sauce is what's served with pulled pork around here. And/or slaw. What do Minnesotans know about smoking meat, right? But, I've had mustard and vinegar sauces while traveling and enjoyed them. I make a lot of different sauces from scratch these days. Way better than store bought. This one is from a South Florida member of a smoking forum I'm on.

Give this a try. A favorite around here. It does have a kick. I've also substituted the cajun seasoning for the rub I used on the pork. Totally up to you. Tweak it however you like.

SoflaQer's Pork finishing sauce

1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it dissolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.

The in-ground tomatoes are starting to come in, at last! The cherry tomatoes out on the deck always beat them.

Fortunately, the jalapeno plant also gave up a few peppers, just in time. First batch of salsa, to be followed by many more:

salsa homemade.jpg

Nothing fancy going on here: 3 kinds of tomatoes, plus garlic, onion, cilantro, cumin, jalapenos and salt. It's a happy thing.

Most reactions

Back