The great mine, power-station and iron monsters ;-)

MichalS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The pictures below show how the one of the biggest mine of the brown carbon and the power-station looks like. These pictures was taken in Bełchatów (Belchatow) City in south Poland.

fabryka.jpg

fabryka1.jpg

generator.jpg

palaczx.jpg

palacze.jpg

roller.jpg

parowoz.jpg

Some panoramas:

panorama1.jpg

panorama.jpg

And the giant machines working in the mine.

bestia.jpg

kret1.jpg

kret.jpg

poszukiwacze.jpg

wow, some good shots in here. i really love the first one and the third. :thumbup:

fantastic shots. the angle and the use of black and white in #3 is great!

haha, somehow numbers 1 and 2 remind me of pink floyd. awesome shots tho. very cool!!! :thumbup:

Wow...3, 8, 11 and 12 are great!

OMG those are amazing.

A couple of those first shots could use some deepening of the color maybe. Love the smoke stack all by itself, and the earth eating machine is gonna give me nightmares. LOL

SO COOL!!

Fascinating photos, all of them, of a very fascinating motif, too (and I know how large these machines are, we have brown coal excavation in Germany, too, though no longer at any great scale, but still, there is this one huge field between Köln and Aachen, for example). I think you framed and composed all of them very, very well, you chose a wonderful day for your excursion to the mine and power plant, so you got some brilliant colours, and you caught some exciting views!

Along with all the others, I think that the b+w photo 3 is quite, quite exceptional.
And I like your panos.
And the last!

hehe, Belchatów again :)

For the information of watchers:
- the chimneys are more than 300 meters high,
- the the hole is so huge, I cannot descibe,
- from the dirt dug out, they have build the hills withe the ski hillslides,
- and the best - in the boxes You see at the 2nd photo, there are mills of coal, made of 10 cm thick steel plates from special, hardened steel. every three months the plant has to buy abou 1000 tonnes of those plates - becouse they simply grind to dust during milling the coal!!!

Most reactions

Back