jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every Spring, North Texas greens up, sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. This year we have had more than an abundance of rain. Anyway, my "backyard," where I like to walk and try to find interesting things to photograph, has greened up.
A bridge across one of the arroyos.
GreeningOfNorthTexas01 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
A view of the lake from the trail.
GreeningOfNorthTexas02 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
"The Pond" This is a small beaver pond that has become home to many critters.
GreeningOfNorthTexas03 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
A close up of the reeds on the opposite side of the pond. The Redwing Blackbirds build their nests among the reeds, and there are Egrets and Herons along the banks, as well as turtles. Apparently, the turtles recognize the camera, because they slip into the water before I can catch them in pictures.
GreeningOfNorthTexasO4 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

very pretty area, the second to last photo looks like it could have been taken at the refuge i visit in my state.

Looks like a great place to take a stroll with the camera.

very pretty area, the second to last photo looks like it could have been taken at the refuge i visit in my state.
It’s been a lifesaver for me. I hate suburbia, but here I am anyway. The local nature preserves give me a bit of sanity. I can walk the trails and for a moment pretend I’m somewhere else.

Looks like a great place to take a stroll with the camera.
I enjoy it a lot.

It’s been a lifesaver for me. I hate suburbia, but here I am anyway. The local nature preserves give me a bit of sanity. I can walk the trails and for a moment pretend I’m somewhere else.

I enjoy it a lot.
i know what you mean. when i moved into my house i was one of a dozen houses in the country. there's probably 30+ houses now and the entrance to a development with another 100 houses on my road. :mad: at least there's a small farm with land protection rights behind my house so nobody can move in there.

I like the first 3 photos. I like to under expose my photos a little when there are streaking clouds in the sky. It lets met give better detail in my post processing. Try to do it the next time you shoot photos like that. Nice job!

Hi welcome
Thank you!
I like the first 3 photos. I like to under expose my photos a little when there are streaking clouds in the sky. It lets met give better detail in my post processing. Try to do it the next time you shoot photos like that. Nice job!
Thank you! I'll try that this next weekend weather permitting; we're expecting a soggy week.

Nice set, Jeff. Another thing you can try if you want more detail in the clouds is to simply darken the blue a wee bit so nothing else is affected or maybe even darken the grey level.

Nice set, Jeff. Another thing you can try if you want more detail in the clouds is to simply darken the blue a wee bit so nothing else is affected or maybe even darken the grey level.
Thanks I’ll give that a shot tomorrow. It’s supposed to rain all day. 🌧

Most reactions

Back