What's new

The Juice is loose...

Juice

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
51
Location
Varies
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. I only recently got bitten by the photography bug and I've gotten to where I'd actually like to learn something about the process!

Right now I just go out and shoot the way I like, and I'll continue to do that, I'd just like to have a bit more understanding of photography to help me get that extra awesome shot!

Here are a few of the shots I've gotten here in the Charleston area. I'm moving to New York in a week, so I look forward to the great many photo-ops up there!

Sunrise252.jpg

pwrschoolleave063-1.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg


Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute, but I'll definitely be reading up on all of the ins/outs, tips and tricks of the trade! ;)
 
#1 wow....that's an awesome idea you had the only thing that bothered me a bit was that lower right corner black space you can't crop it cuz then you would miss the reflection

#2 like it i don't know what else i would change

#3 it's not doing much for me, one thing is there is no definition in her hair. But you might be going for that high key look
great set. keep shooting and stick around ;)
 
I like the second shot as you went for that "classic mansion" look. I only wish that tree branch wasn't there covering the mansion, and there would be no branch sticking out of the pond. Last one you can probably easily clone out. But overall, what a nice shot.

First shot could of been a little brighter but maybe not, you're playing with silhouette's and you kinda need it dark. Nice sun capture through the water.

3rd shot..nice portrait.
 
Thanks for the comments! That's one of the reasons I joined a site like this. Family and friends always sugar-coat their reviews of my photos, so I never get the responses I'm really looking for, so I definitely appreciate candid feedback!

#1: That bugs me too. It's one of the spouts for the fountain, so I had a hard time working around it. I'm glad someone else pointed it out though.
#3: This was a candid, so I didn't really have time to set it up. The subject is a local singer and she was out signing autographs and whatnot, I snapped this while she was talking to someone.

Thanks, I plan on staying a while! :)
 
Good shots, Welcome to the.forums. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
 
#1 and #2 are outstanding!

where was #2 shot? looks like mt. vernon somewhere back east i'm guessing?
 
#1 wow....that's an awesome idea you had the only thing that bothered me a bit was that lower right corner black space you can't crop it cuz then you would miss the reflection

#2 like it i don't know what else i would change

#3 it's not doing much for me, one thing is there is no definition in her hair. But you might be going for that high key look
great set. keep shooting and stick around ;)

Yep, pretty much hit the nail on the head.
 
#1 and #2 are outstanding!

where was #2 shot? looks like mt. vernon somewhere back east i'm guessing?

Thanks! That is Drayton Hall in Charleston, SC. Completed in 1742, that is the oldest surviving plantation house in Charleston area. All others were either destroyed in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, the 1886 earthquake, or some other disaster.

There is a lot of amazing architecture down here, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to it all!
 
Nice pictures. I really enjoy #2 :)
 
Nice pictures. I really enjoy #2 :)

Thanks! That's actually the picture I use for the front page on my website, it's one of my favorites!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom