The Khmer girl who stole my heart (and my tripod)!! - **Image heavy**

Love, sweet memories to cherish for ever.....

Awwww, Raj, you charmer, you! :)

Your open mind and kind heart is clearly evident to people wherever you go, and experiences like this are the result. And lucky for us, you're also so great at story-telling and capturing those sweet moments for us to see. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

What an awesome experience. Fun pics, too. Thanks for sharing.

Sweet girl. Nice shots. Interesting experience.
Thanks Alan! :)
#2 and #4: :heartpump:

Great story, Raj!
Thanks Sharon :)
Fantastic experience.
Love your travels & photograph stories.
Thanks a lot Steve! :)
SWEETNESS! Thanks for sharing and I say 2,4 and 12. :)
Thanks Jaca, 2 & 4 are my favs too :)
Very nice picture story. You both look like you were having a great time. Thanks for sharing and brightening my day.
Thanks Brian, means a lot! And yes, we had a lot of fun that day. :)
Incredible Raj!
Thanks Barb :)
Best kid photos I've seen here in a long time! Nicely done!
Thanks Pixi, you know your opinion means a lot! :)
That is great Raj!
Thanks John :)

lovely kids, lovely pictures

by any chance did you go to Landmine Museum?
Thanks Lew, yes I did visit the Landmine Museum but didn't get to spend much time there as it was my last day there.

Well done, and thanks for sharing. That's cute and really cool.
Thanks Shadowlands :)

That frame in No 5 is amazing. The girl looks like she just fell off the canvas.
Oh yes, among the ones that I've taken, that's by far my fav. In fact I submitted it as an entry to this months competition (Theme: Fall), but totally forgot about it and ended up being disqualified. :aiwebs_016: :BangHead::BangHead:

Outstanding thread and lovely images. #12 was my favorite although I like them all.

Dave
Thanks a lot Dave, means a lot! :)

She's delightful, what a wonderful story.

Oh yes, she was delightful! Thanks! :)
This whole post made me smile. :586:
I'm glad, that's all I ever wanted! :allteeth: ;)

Love, sweet memories to cherish for ever.....

Thakns jk sir, I'd surely remember her forever! :)

Awwww, Raj, you charmer, you! :)

Your open mind and kind heart is clearly evident to people wherever you go, and experiences like this are the result. And lucky for us, you're also so great at story-telling and capturing those sweet moments for us to see. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

:blush: oh my! Thanks for being so sweet Leonore, means a lot. As far as the capturing goes, TPF had a big role to play in that over the years.. :)
What an awesome experience. Fun pics, too. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Rob :)

This is wonderful in everyway, I love the whole set and the story! :)

You should keep all of these photos with the stories that go with them, and one of these day compile them all into a book. "Around The World With Raj!" I'm not joking these are such wonderful stories with photos to match! :)

Outstanding work!! These are the kind of stories that makes life so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Great photos and what a cutie!

I was having a crappy night until I read this (on a short break) -- thank you,

This is wonderful in everyway, I love the whole set and the story! :)

You should keep all of these photos with the stories that go with them, and one of these day compile them all into a book. "Around The World With Raj!" I'm not joking these are such wonderful stories with photos to match! :)
Thanks man, it really means a lot that you think so highly of my work! :1247:
It sounds really good to hear, whether one would buy such a book remains to be seen.. :345:
Oh, and thanks for the nomination.. elated! :1219:
Outstanding work!! These are the kind of stories that makes life so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us!
So true! Thanks Brickhouse, it was my pleasure.. :)
Great photos and what a cutie!

I was having a crappy night until I read this (on a short break) -- thank you,
Thanks Charlie, it means a lot and I'm really glad that I could make your day a little better..:1247:
These are so precious!! What a great memory you have captured!
Thanks PinkPoodle, yes memories to cherish for years! :)

Great set! What an angel that little girls is. That window was cool too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

While I was looking around the temples in Siem Reap (Cambodia) I came across this Khmer(regional) girl who was selling some hand made crafts around. For some reason she decided to leave her mom behind and followed me around the entire temple.

After a while, probably after realizing that I was safe enough, she just jumped in front of me, took my tripod and handed me her plastic bag with more confidence than I can ever muster. Afterwards, I was forced to follow her around the temple (which I was pretty happy doing) and she seemed to know the place pretty well. Thankfully, I made friends with a french backpacker who was also traveling solo and we decided to team up for a day, she was kind enough to capture the moments for me:

#1. Gone with the tripod

View attachment 110213

When she was done playing with my tripod, the number for my camera was up! She snatched it away with the same confidence and tried taking photographs of my brains.

#2. Photographing my brain

View attachment 110214

#3. Checking the results

View attachment 110215

After she was done playing she handed me my camera, and ordered me to take her photographs. Unbelievably, she was by far the best poser I've ever photographed in my life. I bet she would have made a great model in some other place.

#4.

21739304083_c90202f2e7_b.jpg

#5.

22334371536_598b08ff5b_b.jpg

#6.

22240272492_509faba706_b.jpg

#7.

21630372194_632e5b985f_b.jpg

#8.

22065107900_0fb4676c8b_b.jpg

And a few more expressive ones:

#9.

22227071956_ef3feea7f7_b.jpg

#10.

21630413734_af2c666ba5_b.jpg

#11.

22065150060_c1af519929_b.jpg

#12.

22263666011_574668bfe4_b.jpg

Unfortunately, it was time for us to part but not before I bought an overpriced souvenir from her shop. :lol: Overall, she was a big part of my trip to Siem Reap!

View attachment 110216

Great set! What an angel that little girls is. That window was cool too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I agree - a real beauty and delighted you took the shots and shared them here. Lucky you! Michael r

Most reactions

New Topics

Back