What's new

The Lady in the Red Dress

JCphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
155
Reaction score
1
Location
Golden, BC
DSC_4721web.jpg



isn't she pretty?

does anyone know how i could get the background whiter in ps?

thanks for looking! any comments or suggestions would be awesome!

JC
 
I would just use the magic wand to select the background color, then copy that as a layer. After you do that, just change that layer to white. Might be a better way, but that is how I would do it
 
DSC_4721webcopy.jpg

I used replace color and selected the dark area outside the color and went FULL brightness
 
There is a much simpler way to do it.
I'll let this mini tutorial that i just made explain, the same black, grey and white droplets can be found in the level adjustments aswell if you prefer that over curves, although it performs exactly the same function.

whitepoint.jpg


Hope that made it easier.
Matt
​
 
Cool tutorial, Matt! Thank you for it. I never (!) know what those pipet-icons mean :oops:

And cool photo to begin with, JC!!
Your "Lady in a Red Dress" is a "jellyfish" in my eyes.
So here I don't see one-legged dancers but jellyfish.
 
Wow Gizmo! thanks for the tutorial, thats EXACTLY what i was looking for!

and thanks everyone else as well!

JC
 
i love it, i actually stared at it for a few.it has great detail without it being overpowering.
 
Erm. What is this?

I like it... just curious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom