The Lonely Chair

msaha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody,
This is my latest photograph from The Sultanate of Oman, Muttrah - Kalbuh Garden.
Critiques are highly welcomed! :mrgreen:
note that this is NOT an HDR photo.

25239_01339047235.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah a little. I would try to change up the composition a little bit. Maybe even black n white. Try n play around with it.

Beautiful composition ... Color is interesting. I may look at darkening or playing with contrast a little...but wow what a great all around shot...for my tastes. Thank u for showing it

Beautiful composition ... Color is interesting. I may look at darkening or playing with contrast a little...but wow what a great all around shot...for my tastes. Thank u for showing it

Thank you mate!
Yeah I shot it with the lowest contrast available in the camera to try bring out detail in the trees.
Thanks again!

Nicely exposed, reasonably composed but the main problem I see is that I don't know what the subject is?
What am I supposed to be looking at?
The leading lines go past the bench and then there is that blue pole.

I think you need to be more clear what exactly your eye and mind are focused on and then you the camera to convey that to the viewer.

Nicely exposed, reasonably composed but the main problem I see is that I don't know what the subject is?
What am I supposed to be looking at?
The leading lines go past the bench and then there is that blue pole.

I think you need to be more clear what exactly your eye and mind are focused on and then you the camera to convey that to the viewer.

Yeah!
Totally with you!
I didn't think it that way, THANKS!

I like the photo a lot -- very interesting place.

You have a display issue you may want to address. I noticed the photo is tagged in the Adobe RGB color space. In order to see it correctly the viewers have to use a web browser that supports proper color management -- most people don't and so they're seeing your photo with the color altered. Here's what's happening:

$bench.jpg

When you post photos for others to view on the internet you should make sure they're tagged sRGB. That gives you the best chance that they'll see what you intended.

Apart from that, as I said I like the photo but I'd processes it differently. The WB is warm and I'd fix that. The photo's tone response is off. It lacks contrast -- the histogram is substantially short of the left corner. And one last point; I love that green on the bench, but I've never seen the Vibrance adjustment in ACR produce anything positive.

Joe

I like the photo a lot -- very interesting place.

You have a display issue you may want to address. I noticed the photo is tagged in the Adobe RGB color space. In order to see it correctly the viewers have to use a web browser that supports proper color management -- most people don't and so they're seeing your photo with the color altered. Here's what's happening:

View attachment 10978

When you post photos for others to view on the internet you should make sure they're tagged sRGB. That gives you the best chance that they'll see what you intended.

Apart from that, as I said I like the photo but I'd processes it differently. The WB is warm and I'd fix that. The photo's tone response is off. It lacks contrast -- the histogram is substantially short of the left corner. And one last point; I love that green on the bench, but I've never seen the Vibrance adjustment in ACR produce anything positive.

Joe

Thanks Alot!
I had no idea of this issue!
Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back