The Long Park

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This car has been sitting in the middle of a pasture for years. Way out in the open, not near any road, gate, or even a fence. I've driven by it many times, but never when conditions were at least ok and I had the opportunity to stop..... until now.

The sky was gray, so color wasn't going to cut it. I'd like to get it again with a better sky. But for now, wanted to get a sense of the odd juxtaposition.

Would like feedback particularly on processing.

IMG_3014a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

My eye isn't drawn to the car when I initially look at the photo. I'm definitely a fan of not centering the subject, but that crevasse pulls your eye. I think I'd crop this one in close and do some steampunk on the grime on the car. Not being critical, great picture. Just trying to respond to your question with some ideas. There's a post recently about a Corsair II jet that resembles the treatment I'm suggesting.

I like the image and composition. I would be doing some pretty extreme local brush work to make the two parts of the hill different tones - the top hill much darker and bring the whites in the lower hill way up, especially along the crevasse line. try to make that line more of a leading line than a focal point. a bit tighter of a crop would also emphasize the car, unless it's being printed huge.

My 2 cents. cool shot!

As the others have pointed out, for better or worse the crevass has become your focal point. Cropping in on the car would help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back