The Lookout! Comments and Critiques Please

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here he is again, this time in the snow acting as a lookout!

Lookout.jpg

Regards,
Jake

tough crowd. only had one reply on mine.

but i like the way it looks. things look a little dark? underexposed?
i dont really know. but that dog is just so darn cute. what kind is it?

The yellow sign behind his ear is a lil distracting, might try to clone it out. And I agree, brighten it up a tad.

I like this. I'm not too fond of how his fur on his neck washes into the snow. I dont know if there is much you could do about that though. Good composition and cute dog though!

tough crowd. only had one reply on mine.

but i like the way it looks. things look a little dark? underexposed?
i dont really know. but that dog is just so darn cute. what kind is it?

Seem's to be a tough crowd tonight. Tis a corgi, and it isn't underexposed, i just had to tweak contrasts and such in post to make him "pop" from the snow. I'm tellin ya, snow photographs are the hardest to edit!

Regards,
Jake

The yellow sign behind his ear is a lil distracting, might try to clone it out. And I agree, brighten it up a tad.

I was thinking about it, but i figure'd i'd let someone else make the decision for me :lmao:

Regards,
Jake

I like this. I'm not too fond of how his fur on his neck washes into the snow. I dont know if there is much you could do about that though. Good composition and cute dog though!

I tried to get the separation between his fur and the snow, but it all looked unnatural. And since that patch of fur is so similar to the snow color, it made it even more difficult.

Regards,
Jake

I like the shot. But I would not go as tight and put a little more space to the left putting the dog in the right 3rd of the frame. In my opinion it will give more of a lookout feel to the picture.

I like the shot. But I would not go as tight and put a little more space to the left putting the dog in the right 3rd of the frame. In my opinion it will give more of a lookout feel to the picture.

The dog is in the right third..?

Regards,
Jake

I like this photo better than the one in your other thread. Why didn't you post them together so we could compare?

I do agree that the sign should be removed, but I also wish you took off his collar. Just personal opinion, I guess. But at least in this photo we can all be sure that his eyes are in focus. I do like the composition as well =)

I like this photo better than the one in your other thread. Why didn't you post them together so we could compare?

I do agree that the sign should be removed, but I also wish you took off his collar. Just personal opinion, I guess. But at least in this photo we can all be sure that his eyes are in focus. I do like the composition as well =)

Thank you:mrgreen:

Regards,
Jake

Despite the sign which is just a little distracting
I like this shot a whole lot : )
I love dogs in general, but this is great, I dont know why, but i guess its just his posture,
Nice Job : )

Despite the sign which is just a little distracting
I like this shot a whole lot : )
I love dogs in general, but this is great, I dont know why, but i guess its just his posture,
Nice Job : )

Thank you very much:mrgreen:

Regards,
Jake

Most reactions

Back