The love of a Grandfather

a5i736

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
mess2.jpg

I snapped this in a parking lot outside of The outback. THis is a cropped version, I like the uncropped version better and if Ne one wants me to post that I will. Let me know what I could do better next time.

The background is a little distracting, but otherwise I like this shot. Why did you post the cropped verison, if you really prefer the uncropped version?

because the background has more cars in it and things.

A shallower depth of field (larger aperture) could make the background less distracting. Also, the white balance came out okay for daylight, but this side of the subjects are in shade and have a blueish cast, so a different white balance might be an improvement.

I can see why you liked the uncropped version...and why you cropped it...I like how they're off to the right in the uncropped version, but the silver car is much sharper than anything else in the shot...You can always go into photoshop and blur the bits other than the people to make them the sharpest in the shot.

Personally I like the evening light happening...imo it gives it some context and makes it feel more intimate.

I think I would have a liked a shot where you can see that they are holding hands (cause I'm sappy that way)...but you can't really change their position... such is the nature of shooting candids :sillysmi:

Show this to people without any title and see how people feel.
IMO, you are using the title to add an emotional component that is not inherent in the image. The title could as easily be, "Truant agent leads away underage offender." and still fit the image.

."Truant agent leads away underage offender." and still fit the image.

Haha yeh never thought about that. But most works of art paintings, sculptures, photos. do have titles. But i do see what you are saying. Thanks

what about turning it into b&w?

I think that the picture would have more of an impact on me if it were in B&W like someone above stated. And it's tough to really feel an emotion like love between a grandfather and child when they are simply walking through a parking lot. Perhaps if it was through a meadow or a lawn or something it'd be better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back