The magic hour

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken tonight just after sunset, slight dodge in the darkest areas and a light sharpen after sizing, that's it.

191508149-L.jpg

191198431-L.jpg

Too dark also I would close down the aperature to turn the lights into stars. Furthermore the composition is not balanced at all, the open space on the right vs the building on the left makes the picture very unbalanced. The closest street lamp on the right side seems out of place as well. Rather than dodging try using layers and combine the original with a lighter version of the original. If this photo is notin RAW and you cant adjust the exposure and your using photoshop try using the shadow highlight adjustment and combine layers. Its not the best thing but it may ad some range to this photo.

Too dark also I would close down the aperature to turn the lights into stars. Furthermore the composition is not balanced at all, the open space on the right vs the building on the left makes the picture very unbalanced. The closest street lamp on the right side seems out of place as well. Rather than dodging try using layers and combine the original with a lighter version of the original. If this photo is notin RAW and you cant adjust the exposure and your using photoshop try using the shadow highlight adjustment and combine layers. Its not the best thing but it may ad some range to this photo.

well thanks for your opinion but I don't agree....your monitor must be pretty dark is all I can say and opinions differ on points of balance.

My monitor was recently calibrated and the pic looks great as far as brightness goes.
I think this is a great shot with wonderful composition and exposure. Good work!!

This photo is not too dark and I think you chose a good aperture to create little stars of light (well to be seen against the building on the right), and you still get a nice amount of colour and detail in the sky. I also like how the blue "traffic island lights" lead us into the picture even more than the street alone already does.

My monitor is actuallypretty dark soI may be off on the brightness comment, for that I apologize, although I stand behind the composition part, it just feels very unbalanced to me.

Most reactions

Back