lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First Moon shot that I've tried with a DSLR, I'm good with it, but any suggestions for improvement are appreciated!
moon.jpg

Now I totally fell for this sky, but I'm not so in love with the foreground....
suggestions?
thoughts?
sunset4.jpg

sunset3.jpg

sunset-1.jpg

I agree; nice skies, but not so much on the foreground. As far as the moon goes, it seems nice and sharp, but I'd guess it's about two stops over-exposed.

Stopping down some for the moon shot would help. I see you used f/5.6 at 200mm... try f/8 with a shutter speed of 1/160, iso 100.

most of the foreground looks unsharp.. i'm going to assume you were on a tripod. if so your problem might have been a bit of shakiness from pressing the shutter release or something minor like that

you have some great colors, you just need to work on your composition and keep trying new angles and ideas

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

...As far as the moon goes, it seems nice and sharp, but I'd guess it's about two stops over-exposed.

Did the OP change the picture of the moon?

How is this shoot over exposed. I'd have said that it was at least 1 stop under exposed as it is a bit too dark. :???:

I would play with the white balance on the first one the moon looks a bit dark or brown.... the second one is beautiful and the third one looks like it might have been a little over pp or a little noisy

Most reactions

Back