The Necklace

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
442-rock-goldenbush-bw-2285.jpg

Now, how did I know not to expect what I thought I was going to see?

Nice shot, and you're right, it does look like a necklace.

Abraxas, stop changing avatars. This one of Keith scares the living crap out of me....

thanks rick. oddjob ok?- for now?

Yes, Oddjob is much better.

By far, one of the best Bond bad guys of all time. Nothing like lopping off heads with one's hat.....

I've got to ask you. Exactly what is that in the photo? Is it some sort of man-made rock fence or something? Or is it some type of natural formation?

Oooo, like the picture a lot! [Great name for it, too.] The texture and rolling nature of the terrain, in b/w, looks great.

Yes, Oddjob is much better.

By far, one of the best Bond bad guys of all time. Nothing like lopping off heads with one's hat.....

I've got to ask you. Exactly what is that in the photo? Is it some sort of man-made rock fence or something? Or is it some type of natural formation?

Hat's off to Oddjob then! Unfortunately, I am looking for a replacement theme though.

The formation is natural, and used to be called a dike- But that's politically incorrect and all the geology books in all the world are being rewritten as we speak to relabel them as intrusions.

Basically, granitic plutons bubble up into the earth and cool. Later (gajillions of years), pressurized molten quartz finds cracks, flaws, and weak spots in these plutons and intrudes its way through, surfacing and then cooling into these near-human-constructed-looking walls.

Oooo, like the picture a lot! [Great name for it, too.] The texture and rolling nature of the terrain, in b/w, looks great.

Thanks. My never ending quest to make granite appear mildly sensual. I may use this shot to illustrate how (according to a Chemehuevi Indian creation story) Ocean Woman rose from the sea to create the land.

Well done. As usual!

Thank you. Got more,... somewhere....

I thought it was an art work of the modern variety, but it's a dyke. Very different to the dykes I've seen - much more delicate. A good shot, I like the undulations.

Regards, Tony

Intrudable undulations?

Most reactions

Back