jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Folks around the world have this image of Texas with cactus and tumbleweed and mesquite trees, but there are many varied biospheres in this very large state. This is in my neck of the woods, and is very sub-tropical. The flowers are American Lotus.

jun11202209 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jun11202219 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful!

One of the spots I want to road trip to is Big Bend National Park. I think it's a more arid region.

Aye, it's not usually how I'd picture Texas. Lovely lush scene. Bet it's full of things that bite tho😁

Nice shots, Jeff. That could easily pass for a number of places in Florida, which is sub-tropical. If that were east Texas, you might see a gator in there somewhere.

We traveled by bus from basic training in San Antonio to my tech school in Biloxi, Mississippi and saw many types of landscape in Texas. It is very diverse.

Nice shots, Jeff. That could easily pass for a number of places in Florida, which is sub-tropical. If that were east Texas, you might see a gator in there somewhere.
We have alligators up here, but they are more towards Fort Worth and in the Fort Worth Nature Center. That's not to say there isn't one or two lurking in this area.

We have alligators up here, but they are more towards Fort Worth and in the Fort Worth Nature Center. That's not to say there isn't one or two lurking in this area.
Really?! I'm surprised! I wasn't aware they were that far west. Stay away from the water's edge. :wink-6:

Always nice to have a fun/good “backyard” to photograph in

Really?! I'm surprised! I wasn't aware they were that far west. Stay away from the water's edge. :wink-6:
Not sure if they migrated up here, or if they were originally released by bored pet enthusiasts, but the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge has a colony of them. I'm still planning on going back to try and find them. I would have thought that it gets too cold for them in the Winter, but maybe they just hibernate like other lizards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back