The photographer's kids!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last time I took my kids out on a session was 1 1/2 years ago . . . so, so, so sad. This year my husband asked me for updated pictures of the kids for the office wall. Today was the day!

7333353544_371888d67c_c.jpg

7333354992_a3730c0693_c.jpg

7333352672_545fe7d80c_c.jpg

7333366388_b5d3679bf7_c.jpg

7333355884_843d4156cb_c.jpg

7333356642_4b0902f555_c.jpg

7333358340_cb97e2f294_c.jpg

7333358926_752cdc8803_c.jpg

7333359844_83513131b8_c.jpg

7333361202_db6b5430c3_c.jpg

7333364612_0ffa41eb9c_c.jpg

7333363204_b743c59fb0_c.jpg

7333363892_bb28cf61fd_c.jpg

Nice looking kids and love the location.

Very nice! Some great kids! :)

#4 and #11 are best for me....Amazing..

Well, you've got kids down pat, but you should work on your choice of backgrounds.

Well, you've got kids down pat, but you should work on your choice of backgrounds.
Really? What do you see as the issue with them? As someone who is in contention for the "No. 1 complainer about backgrounds on TPF" I think this is a great setting. Granted there are one or two which have minor issues, BUT overall, I think they're a really strong set. JMO...

Really? What do you see as the issue with them? As someone who is in contention for the "No. 1 complainer about backgrounds on TPF" I think this is a great setting. Granted there are one or two which have minor issues, BUT overall, I think they're a really strong set. JMO...

#1 & 2 are fine, considering that tractors and boys just "go together".
#3 no background issue.
#4 crop the dark and distracting background on the right.
#5 & 6 unnecessary (and unclear for the reason) machinery
#7 & 8 the background is the same color as the model's hair, and #8 more unnecessary and irrelevant machinery
#9 & 10 more of that tractor, even though it is only a peripheral element, it is still there. (Could this be Dad's favorite toy ?)
#11 no complaints here
#12 & 13 maybe this was the correct pose in which to include the tractor in the first place, if one was compelled to do so, but the overexposed windows overpower the subjects.

But none of this matters, as dad is sure to appreciate the photos.

Yeah, yeah... kids, schmids. My tool box is in the car; where's them tractors???????

My oldest has a TOTAL fascination for tractors. He circled these tractors over, and over and over . . . I kept having to bump him out of the way to get pics. He would say . . . this one only needs some new spark plugs, or if I could get some tires for this one, it might run! You two should meet up!

#1 & 2 are fine, considering that tractors and boys just "go together".
#3 no background issue.
#4 crop the dark and distracting background on the right.
#5 & 6 unnecessary (and unclear for the reason) machinery
#7 & 8 the background is the same color as the model's hair, and #8 more unnecessary and irrelevant machinery
#9 & 10 more of that tractor, even though it is only a peripheral element, it is still there. (Could this be Dad's favorite toy ?)
#11 no complaints here
#12 & 13 maybe this was the correct pose in which to include the tractor in the first place, if one was compelled to do so, but the overexposed windows overpower the subjects.

But none of this matters, as dad is sure to appreciate the photos.

First, I choose to take it as a compliment that these are the only things you have to critique over.

Second, let me give you a peak into why I chose the tractor. 15 years ago, I gave birth to a son with multiple health issues. On top of all that, at age 10 he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (autism). Kids with Aspergers fixate on something and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER lose focus on that item. For my son, he fixates on tractors. When he was younger he would play with them as toys, my house was crowded with tractor toys. Now that he is a sophomore in high school, he dreams about the day when he can fix them, drive them, collect them, invent them . . .

Now, as a designer, I want a series of pictures that coordinate on the wall. I don't want a picture of him on a tractor, a picture of my other son with a circuit board, a picture of my daughter in a field of bright flowers etc. . . When I found this location on one of my many location scouting trips, I fell in love. It had the tractors with beautiful colors in the paint and rust, it had beautiful evening lighting in the background, and it had gorgeous fields of golden wheat/weeds.

#4, ever heard of the rule of thirds . . . I cropped it this way intentionally. The background is an array of colors and light that coordinate beautifully with her outfit.
#8, rule of thirds . . . the lighting here that is the same color as her hair . . . I call it GORGEOUS. Look how it brings out the color in her eyes!

Each shot I take I try to think through all the things you pointed out. So, I guess it's a matter of taste, the things that you didn't like are the reasons I am in love with this set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back