The pleated Hill tops in the Golden light

I was really enjoying the colors and texture in this, and the diagonal lines, until I scrolled down to the bush in the lower right. The only thing I can't decide is whether the image should be cropped just above the bush or just to its left. Whenever I suggest cropping out some major element like this I suspect that it was the element which made the composition work for the photographer, and that perhaps I should just be ignored. That's how it strikes me, though.

I love the fading of the mountains into the background.

Nice shot.

I agree with Ken here, I don't think the bush is adding anything to the image and really pulls me out of the magic and depth that the strong aerial perspective creates. I'm not sure a re-crop is going to suffice.

I was really enjoying the colors and texture in this, and the diagonal lines, until I scrolled down to the bush in the lower right. The only thing I can't decide is whether the image should be cropped just above the bush or just to its left. Whenever I suggest cropping out some major element like this I suspect that it was the element which made the composition work for the photographer, and that perhaps I should just be ignored. That's how it strikes me, though.

Actually i though of this issue; i kept it there for the following thoughts
i. To give a DOF and to avoid two dimensionality
ii. To prevent visual flow out of hills from the image; the tree is a check dam there :D

I agree with Ken here, I don't think the bush is adding anything to the image and really pulls me out of the magic and depth that the strong aerial perspective creates. I'm not sure a re-crop is going to suffice.

Thank you Bazooka; in spite of my argument, sometimes a clean hill view alone may be more attractive (reality sometimes defies logic); i will soon post an edit or any body is welcome to do that :D

That lighting is wonderful! I see why you put that there, though, but I agree, it could maybe be placed differently for a bigger impact.

Nonetheless, it's a great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back