What's new

The Port Glass..Comments?!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some lighting practice today... thoughts? I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out.



Porto by f_one_eight, on Flickr




Best,
Jake
 
It looks really nice. Now fill it with a nice 10-year-old tawny and celebrate :)
 
Nice. I like the Port Glass, but not sure about the reflection.
 
Happy saturday!
 
Nice job, but I agree. I'm not sure about the reflection either. I'm thinking none
 
Okay, absolute new guy here (used to do a lot of photography back in ye ol' film and darkroom days, but just getting back into it). Can you fill me in on how you shot this? I would love to do a wine glass project for my wife of all the different glass types, but don't know where to start!
 
Okay, absolute new guy here (used to do a lot of photography back in ye ol' film and darkroom days, but just getting back into it). Can you fill me in on how you shot this? I would love to do a wine glass project for my wife of all the different glass types, but don't know where to start!



The setup was as above. The port-glass was on top of a table covered in black construction paper with a sheet of glass on top of that (for the reflection). The black line in front of the backdrop represents a 2x3' square of black construction paper, and the backdrop was a thin white paper. The flashes were aimed at the back of the black paper, and the white background around that lit the subject. Shot with the D7000, 85 1.8G, 2xSB600, an SU800, and pocketwizards.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Jake
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom