The 'proper' number of card slots...

What is the 'ideal' number of camera card slots?

• Total voters
I don't mind only having a single card slot. If I am going to take pictures or videos, I take at least 2 cameras.

Remember when the Canon 5D and then the Canon 5D Mark II were arguably the most-popular, most widely-used d-slr cameras among professional wedding shooters? Remember how nobody gave a **** about those cameras using only a single CF card?

It's astounding that anything ever survived being recorded on only one memory card!

All this imagined failure,failure,failure. I find it amusing. We _know_ how to prevent memory card failure. Replace ancient cards. Don't erase files in the field. Keep cards separate between brands if you shoot dual systems.

The _REAL_ danger is dropping or losing cards due to accident,stupidity, carelessness,or theft.

So how many roles of film did you have in the camera before digital?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Oh, and one thing I have not seen mentioned in the "traditional photography" sites: Modern SD-Cards are designed to fail by going "write protect". I had a card go bad in a dash-cam that basically fried the card because it was running hot and it was during hot weather. I did not lose files. The card stopped accepting writes and the dash-cam alerted me that I had a card error. Next time, I replaced it with a SanDisk "rough service" quality card. I do not know what SanDisk actually calls them, but you can look them up on their site. I haven't had any other problems recently. I have used "cards" since before "Flash Memory" even existed. After all these years, I have had, I think 2 cards fail (including the one I mentioned above) and I recently lost a MicroSD-Card. I was using an action camera and the card did not seat properly, and when tried to remove it and re-install it, it went "spoing" and got lost in tall grasses and mud. Luckily, this happened before I had recorded anything on it. No data loss at all.

I was somewhat taken aback when people began to assume the Z-cameras were assumed to be "professional" cameras. No idea where that started. They are definitely not "pro" cameras, and were never intended to be.

It started with people seeing the price tag.

I was somewhat taken aback when people began to assume the Z-cameras were assumed to be "professional" cameras. No idea where that started. They are definitely not "pro" cameras, and were never intended to be.

It started with people seeing the price tag.
Right.

Nikon seems to have set the price point high enough to imply that the Z's are professional grade, and to impress the hobbyists who possess more dollars than sense.

No joystick, no vertical grip, only one card slot, intermittent auto focus, low light banding, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back