The Return of George Jr.

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My favorite hawk disappeared about 6 weeks ago. I feared the worst with so many hunters around. Today I found him again in all his glory. Finally got to try out the prime pipe (200 F2.8) in 1, 2 and 5. Comments welcome and thanks for looking..

1 Getting close
George Jr. 12_28 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 Getting really close
George Jr. 12_28 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

3 Scratching and itch or itching a scratch?
George Jr. 12_28 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr. 12_28 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr. 12_28 10 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr. 12_28 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

What a beautiful bird!

Gorgeous George? I particularly like #5, but they are all wonderful.

What a beautiful bird!
George Jr. is a looker for sure :)
Yay, George Jr!! Love all the close-ups.
Kris, nice shots. The 4th one is my favourite.
WesternGuy
awesome set.
Gorgeous George? I particularly like #5, but they are all wonderful.
Thanks all!
200mm??? Wow, these are great.
I really wanted the prime pipe for a few months. Got a killer deal on the bay for $300! I needed a close up Hawk lens and the 55-250 was close, but I wanted a little more speed. The 200 F2.8 is a hidden gem that no one really talks about for some reason. Only downside is some fairly tough fringing under F4. Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L USM II - APS-C Format Review / Lab Test Report

Super nice. 200 Prime? Were you totally concealed in camo? That bird is gorgeous.

Super nice. 200 Prime? Were you totally concealed in camo? That bird is gorgeous.
I'm always in full camo, but for this hawk concealment doesn't even matter. He lives by a golf course and he hangs out with the workers when they are cutting down trees and cleaning things up since it spooks squirrels and rodents. He is this hawk that will dive down 10 feet away from me.. This was from May when he was getting his first red tail feather..
Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Sweetness! I really love #5 also. George is a looker.
The interesting thing about #5 is that I was testing the lens wide open. The results are pretty impressive. Guess I can sell my 300 F4 now...

nice BIF shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back