The Return of the TPF Photo Challenge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
* While members are allowed to participate or not, as is their option, members should keep in mind that Mish has a whip and choosing not to participate mayresult in physical harm to their heiny.

......really now ;). I'll play along.

* While members are allowed to participate or not, as is their option, members should keep in mind that Mish has a whip and choosing not to participate mayresult in physical harm to their heiny.

......really now ;). I'll play along.
Did we mention what the winner gets?

This is cool. I like having a theme when out shooting. Helps me focus my genius!

...A theme is just the kick I need.Drag racing is still 6 weeks off at best and my cat (F. Frederick Skitty) has had enough of me.

I am so new that I don't even know what the Photo Challenge is yet. I look forward to learning all about it and it sounds like a lot of fun!

The Return of the TPF Photo Challenge

That might be a nice thing!

What would the theme be. Like Urban Architecture. If so I may need to get a bunch of shots of the local walmart. Or will the theme be generalized enough, for all to compete.

Should we make it clear we are happy to participate...or just join in when it starts...either way i'd be delighted to have a bash :)

Also as a side note....will you be checking exif data to determine dates of entered shots, or will archived shots be accepted (if they fit the theme)

The first month I'm going to try to keep the theme pretty easy. I'm hoping that helps w/ the participation. As the months go on I'll try to push everyone's creative limits a little bit. :sexywink:

Should we make it clear we are happy to participate...or just join in when it starts...either way i'd be delighted to have a bash :)

Also as a side note....will you be checking exif data to determine dates of entered shots, or will archived shots be accepted (if they fit the theme)

We're going to ask folks to submit NEW work only, and yeah we will check the dates, though I hope no one seriously plans to cheat. :)

We're going to ask folks to submit NEW work only, and yeah we will check the dates, though I hope no one seriously plans to cheat. :)
Like it! :thumbup::D

There's an existing Challenge FAQ here: The Photo Challenge - FAQ's

Will that be updated, or is it good to go already? I'm wondering about the file size in particular (150 KB seems a bit small for today's bandwidth), and I didn't see the "NEW work only" thing stated (though maybe I missed it).

Like it! :thumbup::D

There's an existing Challenge FAQ here: The Photo Challenge - FAQ's

Will that be updated, or is it good to go already? I'm wondering about the file size in particular (150 KB seems a bit small for today's bandwidth), and I didn't see the "NEW work only" thing stated (though maybe I missed it).
Well, you're right in that it isn't stated as "new work only", but implied as such here:

Images that have been previously posted on TPF will be disqualified. Images with watermarks, signatures, or any distinguishing marks that identify the photographer will be disqualified.
New as in "never before seen here" and anonymous.

The mods may want to rewrite certain aspects of the FAQ's; it's their baby. We'll see. :)

I love that we have to create something new for the challenge but it's the anonymous part that really twirls my beanie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back