The Return of the TPF Photo Challenge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah... I assume we'd do the "new to you (TPF)" thing, but I sort of mentally shortened that to "new work only". :)

I really expect to have all the specifics worked out tonight and will be posting them late tonight or tomorrow.

Specifically on the image size thing, the plan is to ask people to host them on their own site and keep them within certain sizes and dimensions. Probably not as small as 150k... That's REALLY tiny.

I love that we have to create something new for the challenge but it's the anonymous part that really twirls my beanie :)

Is that a good thing of a bad thing???

Hahaha ok noted. :)

I love that we have to create something new for the challenge but it's the anonymous part that really twirls my beanie :)

A good thing; definitely a good thing. Because it means if someone likes the photo, they like it because of the photo, not because they like YOU.

But...if it's hosted on my own site (which would likely be my flickr account) won't that kinda negate the whole "anonymous" thing?

Well, you're right in that it isn't stated as "new work only", but implied as such here:

Images that have been previously posted on TPF will be disqualified. Images with watermarks, signatures, or any distinguishing marks that identify the photographer will be disqualified.
New as in "never before seen here" and anonymous.
I don't see how it's implied. I've got thousands, tens of thousands, of images from the past forever years that have never been posted on TPF and have no markings or watermarks to ID me, and they would seem to comply with that statement, but are not new photos shot specifically with the challenge in mind. And, of course, it's easy to re-date the EXIF of an old photo so it looks like it was just shot, but I think if it's clear that the challenge is to get something NEW the members would honor that.

The mods may want to rewrite certain aspects of the FAQ's; it's their baby. We'll see. :)
10-4 :thumbup::D

A good thing; definitely a good thing. Because it means if someone likes the photo, they like it because of the photo, not because they like YOU.

But...if it's hosted on my own site (which would likely be my flickr account) won't that kinda negate the whole "anonymous" thing?
That's why they get sent in to the Challenge Admins, who then post them anonymously from TPF servers, if they follow the way it used-to-was done.

Yeah I love the NEW photo thing, makes people get up and go take more pictures! :)

I might have to try this.

I'm still relatively new to TPF, but have been checking out the Photo Challenge every once and a while to see if something every comes up, but it hasn't until what I just read today.

Can't wait to see the 1st topic to get me shooting more often (and hopefully out of the studio at work or home :lol:)

I'm all excited.... Sometimes i need an excuse to get off my ass and take some pictures.
I really like the annonymous thing too....everyone gets a fair crack of the whip. :)

The idea is that the pictures submitted are taken AFTER the photo challenge criteria are given. Theres no stopping people that want to cheat. We also want the photographer unidentifiable from the picture. (identities can be revealed after the voting is closed) changes will have to be made to the current FAQ, but that is the basic idea. Its still a bit of a work in progress.

And all pictures will be required to include a monkey holding a atomic clock and calendar.

Don't have. How bout a goat and my wrist watch?

Turtles are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back