The Roses of Pemaquid Point

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$pemaquidfb.jpg

My 3 week trip to Maine was just amazing. Out of the first 10 days there, I think 9 nights were clear...that never happens! One of the first nights there, I met up with another photographer at Pemaquid Lighthouse, about an hour north of where I was camping. When I got there, a thin layer of clouds were covering just the core of the Milky Way, and stayed that way for about 3 hours. We explored the point, which has some amazing geology, and checked out some different compositions in hopes the thin cloud cover would move out.

I spotted this patch of Rosa Rugosa, more commonly referred to as Beach or Dune Roses, on the steep rocks heading down towards shore. Just as I set up my camera, the clouds cleared for my sky exposure. Then, as I was running my foreground exposures, the moon started to rise- providing some beautiful light on the roses and rocks. I was lucky enough to also have the company of a beautiful girl, and in between exposures I just looked over at her in disbelief. Everything just lined up and worked perfectly, it was an incredible experience.

This is 5 exposures manually blended in PS6. Sky exposure of ISO3200, f2.8, 25 seconds. Then 4 seperate foreground exposures focused at different points, each ISO2000, f4, 4 minutes.

Thanks for looking!

Amazing shot. I am so intrigued with the night photography, I can't wait to get out of the city and attempt it in the mountains.

Amazing shot. I am so intrigued with the night photography, I can't wait to get out of the city and attempt it in the mountains.

Thanks! Night photography is amazing...I think every time I go out I see something that takes my breath away. I'll warn you....it's addicting!

Your shot is truly amazing here, but where is the beautiful girl?:lovey:

She came and went faster than good light at sunrise, but I got the photo and got to hang out with her for the night. The memories will last at least

PHENOMENAL. Is this the shot we've been waiting for? I'm in awe of your work.

This is the one! I'm finally home and got the chance to sit down and process this, and couldn't wait to share it. And thank you!

Awesome shot! I think everything was blended together well. Keep up the strong work.

Nominated.

Nominated.

Thanks Runnah! The more time I spend up there, the more I just want to pull the trigger and move to Maine. Heading back up for a week or so in August

Thanks Runnah! The more time I spend up there, the more I just want to pull the trigger and move to Maine. Heading back up for a week or so in August

Come on up we need the tax money!

Not sure what you do for a living but the Portland area is the best for jobs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back